- The Emotional Radio shows the very first ways that AI might make its way into familiar objects whose capabilities can be rethought.
- The Emotional Radio is a good example of the mime problem, wherein something “smart” simply mirrors us instead of becoming a true partner worth talking or interacting with.
- By matching up the two data sets, the radio finds something to play.
- The moods are then cross-referenced with Spotify’s data set about the emotional valence of all the music in its catalog.
- When you come home, you hang up your clothes, look at your radio again.
Do you want music for your mood, or something that counters it? AI needs to figure that out.
Continue reading “This Smart Radio Highlights The Key UX Challenge For Artificial Intelligence”
- Data Scientists Decode Human Perceptions from Brain Signals
- When we can read and decode brain signals, we can help treat, heal, and retrain a brain after injury.”
- Being able to decode human perceptions from brain signals can benefit this population greatly.
- To learn more about upcoming competitions, click on this link or the image below: Cortana Intelligence Competitions .
- Machine Learning Moves the Needle on Neural Science
Millions of people suffer from brain-related injuries and disorders every year. Being able to decode human perceptions from brain signals can benefit this population greatly. That’s what inspired Stanford University neurosurgeon Dr. Kai Miller to team up with Microsoft to offer the inaugural Cortana Intelligence Competition: Decoding Brain Signals.
Continue reading “Machine Learning Moves the Needle on Neural Science”
- Watch highlights covering artificial intelligence, machine learning, intelligence engineering, and more.
- Behind the recent bot boom are big improvements in artificial intelligence and the rise of ubiquitous messaging services.
- Some of AI’s viable approaches lie outside the organizational boundaries of Google and other large Internet companies.
- All trademarks and registered trademarks appearing on oreilly.com are the property of their respective owners.
- In the graphic below, I’ve listed some of the most important AI, messaging, and bot deployment platforms, and have also highlighted the emergence of a few interesting stacks: Microsoft, Amazon, Google, and Apple each control a general AI agent as well as at least one entry elsewhere in the stackâ and Facebook may not be far behind with its M agent.
A look at the artificial intelligence and messaging platforms behind the fast-growing chatbot community
Continue reading “Infographic: The bot platform ecosystem”
- Microsoft forms new AI Research Group led by Harry Shum
- Arduino unleashes a serious Internet of Things system for hardware hackers
- Nvidia’s new Xavier SoC is an AI supercomputer for cars
- ‘s how Civilization VI brings new life to the epic game series
- Posted 22 hours ago by Darrell Etherington ( @etherington )
Nvidia’s work in reinventing itself as a leader in automated-car technology continues with the launch of a new system-on-a-chip, called Xavier and launched..
Continue reading “Nvidia’s new Xavier SoC is an AI supercomputer for cars”
- The tensorflow package will be built against the default version of python found in the PATH .
- The tensorflow package provides access to the complete TensorFlow API from within R.
- The tensorflow package provides code completion and inline help for the TensorFlow API when running within the RStudio IDE.
- The TensorFlow API is composed of a set of Python modules that enable constructing and executing TensorFlow graphs.
tensorflow – TensorFlow for R
Continue reading “GitHub”
- Watch this video and learn all about Artificial Intelligence – Chatbot.
- Fw:Thinking is bringing you the most mind-blowing stories in science, technology, robotics, space travel, medicine,…
- Amazing facts about tech science and artificial intelligence in 1, 2 or 3 minute videos!
Watch this video and learn all about Artificial Intelligence – Chatbot. Amazing facts about tech science and artificial intelligence in 1, 2 or 3 minute videos!
Continue reading “Artificial Intelligence”
- Established to study and formulate best practices on AI technologies, to advance the public’s understanding of AI, and to serve as an open platform for discussion and engagement about AI and its influences on people and society.
- To advance public understanding and awareness of AI and its potential benefits and potential costs to act as a trusted and expert point of contact as questions/concerns arise from the public and others in the area of AI and to regularly update key constituents on the current state of AI progress.
- The engagement of AI users and developers, as well as representatives of industry sectors that may be impacted by AI (such as healthcare, financial services, transportation, commerce, manufacturing, telecommunications, and media) to support best practices in the research, development, and use of AI technology within specific domains.
- In support of the mission to benefit people and society, the Partnership on AI intends to conduct research, organize discussions, share insights, provide thought leadership, consult with relevant third parties, respond to questions from the public and media, and create educational material that advance the understanding of AI technologies including machine perception, learning, and automated reasoning.
- The regular engagement of experts across multiple disciplines (including but not limited to psychology, philosophy, economics, finance, sociology, public policy, and law) to discuss and provide guidance on emerging issues related to the impact of AI on society.
Established to study and formulate best practices on AI technologies, to advance the public’s understanding of AI, and to serve as an open platform for discussion and engagement about AI and its influences on people and society.
Continue reading “Partnership on Artificial Intelligence to Benefit People and Society”
Historically, when new technologies become easier to use, they transform industries. That’s what’s happening with artificial intelligence and big data; as the barriers to implementation disappear (cost, computing power, etc.), more and more industries will put the technologies into use, and more and more startups will appear with new ideas of […]
Continue reading “3 Industries That Will Be Transformed By AI, Machine Learning And Big Data In The Next Decade”
- The opportunities that quantum computing raises for machine learning is hard to understate.
- Recent strides in quantum computing have raised the prospects that near term quantum devices can expediently solve computationally intractable problems in simulation, optimization and machine learning.
- The workshop will consist of 4 invited talks as well as 4 contributed talks and a primer on quantum mechanics and quantum computing.
- Steven Adachi (Application of quantum annealing to Training of Deep Neural Networks) | Slides
- The workshop is organized by Nathan Wiebe (Microsoft Research) and Seth Lloyd (MIT).
Recent strides in quantum computing have raised the prospects that near term quantum devices can expediently solve computationally intractable problems in simulation, optimization and machine learning. The opportunities that quantum computing raises for machine learning is hard to understate. The goal of this workshop is, through a series of invited and contributed talks, survey the major results in this new area and facilitate increased dialog between researchers within this field.
Continue reading “Quantum Machine Learning”
- Access the article: Subscribe to NEJM | Purchase this article
- Predicting the Future – Big Data, Machine Learning, and Clinical Medicine
- Article Category Research Reviews Clinical Cases Perspective Commentary Other Browse all Articles Multimedia Videos in Clinical Medicine Images in Clinical Medicine Interactive Medical Cases Quick Take Videos Weekly Audio Summaries Audio Interviews Image Challenge Browse all multimedia
- The algorithms of machine learning, which can sift through vast numbers of variables looking for combinations that reliably predict outcomes, will improve prognosis, displace much of the work of radiologists and anatomical pathologists, and improve diagnostic accuracy.
- Selected Specialties Cardiology Endocrinology Gastroenterology Genetics Hematology/Oncology Infectious Disease Nephrology Neurology/Neurosurgery Obstetrics/Gynecology Pediatrics Primary Care/Hospitalist Pulmonary/Critical Care Surgery Browse all Specialties & Topics Featured Topics Clinical Practice Center Health Policy and Reform Medicine and Society Global Health Series Critical Care Series International Health Care Series Fluids and Electrolytes Series Clinical Trials Series CME Special Topics Ebola Outbreak Zika Virus
Perspective from The New England Journal of Medicine — Predicting the Future — Big Data, Machine Learning, and Clinical Medicine
Continue reading “Predicting the Future — Big Data, Machine Learning, and Clinical Medicine — NEJM”