- The company’s trackers are designed to lower a solar project owner’s costs and boost its energy output.
- NEXTracker has been growing rapidly since its acquisition by Flextronics, and now the company has over four gigawatts worth of its trackers operating around the world.
- The trackers are generally used on large solar panel farms in remote locations that sell their power to utilities or large companies.
- Electronics giant Flextronics, through its solar gear subsidiary NEXTracker, has acquired a young startup called BrightBox Technologies, which builds predictive modeling and machine learning software, the companies announced late on Monday.
- NEXTracker will use the company’s software-and the co-founders’ brainpower-to optimize the development and operation of its solar tracking systems around the world.
It’s all about solar energy.
Continue reading “Why a Flextronics Subsidiary Just Bought a Machine Learning Startup”
- Google Ventures , which backed over 10 unique companies, ranked second as an active investor in AI.
- As we earlier reported , Google is also a major acquirer of AI startups.
- Intel Capital is the most active corporate investor on our list, having backed over a dozen separate unique AI-based companies, including healthcare startup Lumiata , machine-learning platform DataRobot , and imaging startup Perfant Technology .
- Corporates and their venture capital groups are among the most active investors in this category ( tech corporates have also been active acquirers in the category ).
- Our artificial intelligence category includes companies applying AI solutions to verticals like healthcare, advertising, and finance as well as those developing general-purpose AI tech.
With AI dealmaking exploding recently, corporates and their venture arms have not been left out of the rush.
Continue reading “Intel, Google, GE, And Samsung Among Most Active Corporate Investors In AI Startups”
- 9:00 AM Mossberg: The post-Jobs Apple has soared financially, but lacks a breakthrough product
- 8:10 AM Acer announces the thinnest and fattest laptops in the world
- 8:00 AM Lytro releases the first footage shot by its VR camera
- 1:45 PM the wristband turns your fingers into a phone
- 2:30 PM The $400 Moto Z Play could be Android’s new battery champion
Microsoft, Google, Facebook, and Amazon have all done it — and now Baidu’s doing it, too. The Chinese tech giant has open sourced one of its key machine learning tools, PaddlePaddle, offering the…
Continue reading “Baidu follows US tech giants and open-sources its deep learning tools”
- BEIJING-Chip maker Nvidia Corp. and Chinese internet giant Baidu Inc. said Thursday that they are forming a partnership to develop a self-driving, artificially intelligent car.
- A 911 Lifeline for Your Car, No Fees Required
- EU’s Tax Decision Invites More Scrutiny of Apple
- EU Looks to Rein In Alleged Excesses of U.S. Tech Giants
- Apple Squeezes Suppliers to Protect Margins
Chip maker Nvidia and Chinese internet giant Baidu said they are forming a partnership to develop a self-driving, artificially intelligent car.
Continue reading “Chip-Maker Nvidia Teams Up With Baidu to Develop an Artificially Intelligent, Self-Driving Car”
- The fastest, easiest way to get started with deep learning on GPUs
- GPU Applications Case Studies Why Choose Tesla Servers and Workstations Where to Buy
- Software and Hardware Tesla Product Literature NVLink High-speed Interconnect Tesla Software Features Software Development Tools CUDA Training and Consulting GPU Cloud Computing OpenACC GPU Directives Data Center Management Tools
- TensorFlow is a software library for designing and deploying numerical computations, with a key focus on applications in machine learning.
TensorFlow on GPUs deliver 28X the performance over dual CPUs. Learn more.
Continue reading “TensorFlow Machine Learning Framework for GPU Acceleration”