- KDnuggets Home > News > 2014 > Dec > Opinions, Interviews, Reports > Geoffrey Hinton talks about Deep Learning, Google and Everything ( 14:n32 )
- Dr. Hinton made a couple of points about Deep Learning and how our brain works on his AMA.
- Its the first time I’ve believed that deep learning would be able to do real reasoning in the not too distant future.
- I think the long-term future (of machine learning) is quite likely to be something that most researchers currently regard as utterly ridiculous and would reject as a NIPS paper.
- Dr. Hinton started a course “Neural Networks for machine learning” on Coursera, which introduces artificial neural networks and its application.
A review of Dr. Geoffrey Hinton’s Ask Me Anything on Reddit. He talked about his current research and his thought on some deep learning issues.
Continue reading “Geoffrey Hinton talks about Deep Learning, Google and Everything”
- Asaf Jacobi, president of Harley-Davidson’s New York City division, spoke with eMarketer’s Maria Minsker about the brand’s experience with AI and discussed the results he has seen so far.
- Lookalike modeling is a key component of lead generation, and for motorcycle brand Harley-Davidson, the tactic now goes hand in hand with artificial intelligence (AI).
- Posted by Karen Hurst in categories: business , robotics/AI , transportation
- That’s where artificial intelligence comes in. I started reading about how artificial intelligence boosts online marketing reach, and contacted Adgorithms.
- Asaf Jacobi: One of the biggest challenges of having a business in New York City is that it’s a very competitive environment.
Harley-Davidson Says Artificial Intelligence Drives 40% of New York Sales
Continue reading “Harley-Davidson Says Artificial Intelligence Drives 40% of New York Sales”
- Realtime App Using Laravel +Redis + NodeJs + AngularJS
- Author Brian Posted on October 28, 2016 Categories Uncategorized Tags amazing product , angularjs , Laravel , NodeJS , redis , steps , User Management Panel
- For this tutorial i hope you know basics of angularjs , laravel and dont worry about redis , nodejs i will cover that in detail .
- This is insane how we can combine Laravel,NodeJS,AngularJS and Redis to create an amazing product .
- Setting up Redis Server and NodeJS
Continue reading “Realtime App Using Laravel +Redis + NodeJs + AngularJS”
- General way to solve problems with Neural Networks
- After defining our neural network architecture, let’s initialize all the variables
- We need to define cost of our neural network
- We define a neural network with 3 layers;Â input, hidden and output.
- It’s easy to classify TensorFlow as a neural network library, but it’s not just that.
An introduction to implement neural networks using TensorFlow. It covers applications of neural networks, introduction to Tensorflow & a practice problem
Continue reading “An Introduction to Implementing Neural Networks using TensorFlow”
- How Machine Learning Can Help Fight Off Cyber Attacks
- Stuart McClure, the CEO of security startup Cylance, told Fortune’s Robert Hackett that “there is nothing new” in how hackers are breaching computer defenses.
- Although cyber attacks against businesses like the recent one against Yahoo are increasing, hackers are using the same techniques they always have.
- McClure has worked with the federal government on cyber security issues to help repair the damage from a major 2015 hack on the Office of Personnel Management .
- By amassing large amounts of data and crunching it with machine learning algorithms, organizations could better recognize how hackers are trying to exploit their computer systems, and better protect themselves.
Cylance CEO Stuart McClure explains how machine learning algorithms can help prevent major cyber attacks.
Continue reading “Cylance CEO Discusses How Machine Learning Can Fight Cyber Attacks”
- While the death rate from breast cancer has dropped steadily over the past two decades, it remains the second-biggest killer among cancers in U.S. women, according to the National Cancer Institute.
- Narain believes there are other subtypes of breast cancer that researchers have not identified and he hopes Berg can help identify those as well as drug targets for known subtypes.
- The partnership supports the White House’s Cancer Moonshot initiative to screen up to 250,000 patient samples in search of new biological indicators, or biomarkers, of the earliest signs of cancer.
- In an effort to find targeted treatments for particularly invasive types of breast cancer that don’t respond well to existing drugs, the Department of Defense announced this week that it is enlisting the biopharma company Berg Health to use AI for drug discovery.
- Under the partnership, Berg will have access to the DoD’s Clinical Breast Care Project, a bank of 13,600 samples of both healthy and diseased tissue from nearly 8,000 patients.
The Department of Defense is backing an effort to use machine learning to find clues about tumor biology.
Continue reading “Stopping breast cancer with help from artificial intelligence”
- The eighth-grade science test encompasses a somewhat broad range of tasks, and current A.I.s routinely fail it.
- Of all 80 respondents, 92.5 percent believed it would either never occur or was more than 25 years away.
- or for Alpha Go, to a general system that operates across a broad range of tasks.”
- In five years, Etzioni thinks that helper bots could become fairly sophisticated.
- Superhuman performance on narrow tasks, like AlphaGo , or speech recognition, does not translate to strong performance – generally not human-level performance – on a broad range of tasks,” Etzioni says.
Oren Etzioni explains why he and other experts think that the superintelligence is either impossible or a long, long ways off.
Continue reading “The Beginner’s Guide to the A.I. Apocalypse, 2016 Edition”