- Recently Gartner, Inc., revealed its top predictions for IT organizations and users for 2017 and beyond, focusing on three fundamental effects of continued digital innovation: experience and engagement, business innovation, and the secondary effects that result from increased digital capabilities.
- “Gartner’s top strategic predictions continue to offer a provocative look at what might happen in some of the most critical areas of technology evolution.
- At the core of future outcomes is the notion of digital disruption, which has moved from an infrequent inconvenience to a consistent stream of change that is redefining markets and entire industries,” said Daryl Plummer, managing vice president, chief of research and Gartner Fellow.
- “Last year, we said digital changes were coming fast.
- In this slideshow, Gartner has outlined the top predictions for IT organizations and users for 2017 and beyond.
Digital innovation is by far the biggest influencer, changing the way we do everything, from shopping to communication to running a business.
Continue reading “2017 and Beyond: How Digital Innovation Will Impact the World”
- Nvidia’s deep-learning chips may give medicine a shot in the arm.
- The company sees medicine as the next big market for its machine-learning hardware.
Nvidia says deep learning is about to revolutionize medicine
Continue reading “Nvidia says deep learning is about to revolutionize medicine”
- Copywriting is everywhere we look!
- Tweak your Copywriting today to skyrocket your conversions!
The 6 Ninja Techniques To Creating A ‘Quick-Fire’ 6 Figures Internet Business Day 2
Continue reading “The 6 Ninja Techniques To Creating A ‘Quick-Fire’ 6 Figures Internet Business Day 2”
The web is a powerful medium to share new ways of thinking. Over the last few years we’ve seen many imaginative examples of such work. But traditional academic publishing remains focused on the PDF, which prevents this sort of communication.
Continue reading “Machine Learning Research Should Be Clear, Dynamic and Vivid. Distill Is Here to Help.”
- The online version of the book is now complete and will remain available online for free.
- For more information about this 700+ pages free book and its authors, click here.
- The picture below represents a selection of (non-free) deep learning books: you can check them here.
- For other free data science books, click here.
- To access the free deep learning textbook, scroll down to the contents section, below the picture.
The Deep Learning textbook is a resource intended to help students and practitioners enter the field of machine learning in general and deep learning in partic…
Continue reading “Free Deep Learning Textbook”
Chris: Your digital Voice First co-driver with Artificial Intelligence – Staying connected to your digital life at the wheel.. (Artificial Intelligence and T…
Continue reading “Chris: Your digital Voice First co-driver with Artificial Intelligence”
- In an interview with CNBC’s Sarah Eisen on Tuesday, Greg Creed, the CEO of Yum Brands, the owner of KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell, spoke about how he sees technological innovation developing over the next decade or two, and how his industry has already seen changes.
- In a paper published in 2013, Oxford University’s Carl Benedikt Frey and Michael A. Osborne looked at which current jobs are susceptible to technological innovations such as machine learning, and estimated the probability that the 702 different occupations they looked at will be computerized.
- They found that about 47% of total US employment is in the high risk category, which the team defined as jobs they expect could be automated “relatively soon, perhaps over the next decade or two.”
- They also included a chart in their paper showing the probability of computerization for a given job versus the number of people employed in that job:
High-skill jobs under the categories of “management, business, and financial,” “healthcare practitioners and technical,” and “computer, engineering, and science” saw lower likelihoods of automation, while “service,” “sales and related,” “transportation and material moving,” and “office and administrative support” have higher probabilities.
- One particularly notable detail is that many of the jobs that are highly susceptible to computerization are in the services sector, which has seen the most job growth over the past few decades as the US has transitioned from a manufacturing-based economy to a services-based one.
“…probably by the mid ’20s to the late ’20s, you’ll start to see a dramatic change in sort of how machines sort of run the world,” he told CNBC.
Continue reading “FAST FOOD CEO: Machines could ‘run the world’ by the mid- to late-2020s”
- Elon Musk — tech billionaire, founder of Tesla, and noted proponent of colonising Mars — has started a new company.
- Called Neuralink, the company is essentially exploring ways to make a robot-human hybrid brain.
- Its aim is to use AI technology to battle brain diseases such as Parkinson’s, epilepsy, or even depression.
- Though the company is still a while away from even presenting a prototype — and will have to undergo rigorous testing before it’s available to the general public — it seems likely that this technology would come in the form of an implant directly in the brain.
- Now watch Elon Musk and Stephen Colbert discuss whether he’s trying to save the world or destroy it.
Elon Musk has started Neuralink, a new company dedicated to developing AI technology called “Neuralace” to fight brain diseases such as parkinsons.
Continue reading “Elon Musk’s New Company Wants to Plug Artificial Intelligence Into Your Brain”
- This repository includes a Keras callback to be used in training that allows implementation of cyclical learning rate policies, as detailed in Leslie Smith’s paper Cyclical Learning Rates for Training Neural Networks arXiv:1506.01186v4.
- When you scale on cycle, the absolute change in learning rate from one iteration to the next is always constant in a cycle.
- This allows you to plot your learning rates over training iterations, even after you change/reset the cycle.
- The author offers a simple approach to determining the boundaries of your cycle by increasing the learning rate over a number of epochs and observing the results.
- In order to plot accuracy vs learning rate, you can use the attribute to get the learning rates and accuracy at each iteration.
Contribute to CLR development by creating an account on GitHub.
Continue reading “GitHub”
- We know that artificial intelligence will soon reshape our world.
- But which companies will lead the way?
- To help answer that question, research firm CB Insights recently selected the “AI 100,” a list of the 100 most promising artificial intelligence startups globally.
- The private companies were chosen (from a pool of over 1,650 candidates) by CB Insights’ Mosaic algorithm, based on factors like financing history, investor quality, business category, and momentum.
- A look at the 50 largest startups on the list, ranked by total funds raised, shows that investment in AI is surging worldwide.
A look at the most promising global startups working with artificial intelligence.
Continue reading “50 Companies Leading the Artificial Intelligence Revolution”