Best quote from NAS DS Round Table: “I mean, do we need deep learning to analyze 30 subjects?” – B Caffo @simplystats #datascienceinreallife
Continue reading “Don’t use deep learning your data isn’t that big · Simply Statistics”
- On Wednesday, May 24, Dubai will launch a new police robot that marks the first phase of the integration of robots into the police force.
- This modified version of the REEM robot (Designed by PAL robotics and unveiled in 2011) is capable of feeding video to a command center, forwarding reported crimes to police, settling fines, facial recognition, and speaking nine languages.
- Dubai hopes robots will constitute 25 percent of its police force by 2030, with the next stage being to use them as receptionists in police stations.
- Brigadier Khalid Nasser Alrazooqi, General Director of Dubai Police’s Smart Services Department, told CNN that they eventually want to release a “fully-functional robot that can work as [a] normal police officer.”
- In February, China started using the AnBot that uses facial recognition to identify criminals and is capable of following them until the police arrive.
On Wednesday, May 24, Dubai will launch a new police robot that marks the first phase of the integration of robots into the police force. This modified version of the REEM robot (Designed by PAL robotics and unveiled in 2011) is capable of feeding video to a command center, forwarding reported crimes to police, settling fines, facial recognition, and speaking nine languages. It will operate at most malls and tourist attractions.
Continue reading “Dubai is introducing robotic policemen, to make up 25% of the force by 2030”
- Researchers in artificial intelligence and machine learning have started to design software that allows computers to learn about causes the way that scientists do.
- In one experiment, we showed preschool children a simple machine with a switch on one side and two disks that spin on top.
- Bayesian inference considers both the strength of new evidence and the strength of your existing hypotheses.
- Both toddlers and scientists hold on to well-confirmed hypotheses, but eventually enough new evidence can overturn even the most cherished idea.
- Several studies show that youngsters integrate existing knowledge and new evidence in this way.
Alison Gopnik, author of “ Making AI Human ” in Scientific American ’s June issue describes the use of Bayesian statistics to outline how youngsters infer the basics of cause and effect.
Continue reading “Artificial Intelligence Helps in Learning How Children Learn”
- The complete report, available here, covers how businesses are using machine learning and deep learning, differentiating between AI, machine learning and deep learning, what it takes to get started, software tools for AI and more.
- There are three exemplary members of the AI software stack available as deep learning frameworks: Caffe, MXNet and TensorFlow.
- • MXNet, jointly developed by collaborators from multiple universities and companies, is a lightweight, portable and flexible deep learning framework designed for both efficiency and flexibility.
- Enterprise software tools for AI also includes NVIDIA DIGITS , which puts the power of deep learning into the hands of engineers and data scientists.
- DIGITS simplifies common deep learning tasks such as managing data, designing and training neural networks on multi-GPU systems, monitoring performance in real time with advanced visualizations, and selecting the best performing model.
There are three exemplary members of the AI software stack available as deep learning frameworks. This post explores software options for AI.
Continue reading “Enterprise Software Tools for AI”
- Additionally, we announced a new promotion specifically for partners reselling our Data Security solutions.
- Informatica offers solutions to help partners help their customers with both “Detect” (Discovery and Classification) and “Protect” (Data Masking, Encryption or other 3rd party tools)
Best of all, Informatica is relying on you, our partners, to drive this strategy within our joint customer base.
- Additionally, on the May Partner Pulse Webcast, we launched our Data Security Promotion for partners!
- This includes additional front-end and back-end margin and rebates for partners who identify and close data security opportunities.
- You can listen to the replay of this webcast here and get the details of our Data Security promotion and solution portfolio on PARC, our partner portal.
Partner Opportunities in Data Security- We’ve got the enablement materials, sales tools and marketing programs to help get you started.
Continue reading “Partner Opportunities in Data Security”
- Heavy metal band’s frontman plays a game with a robot to guess his identity
Subscribe to Rolling Stone on YouTube: http://bit.ly/1uGwgGg
Check out http://www.rollingstone.com for the latest news in music, culture, politics and more.
- More videos from Rolling Stone:
Like Rolling Stone Video on Facebook:
Like Rolling Stone on Facebook:
Follow Rolling Stone on Twitter: Rolling Stone on Instagram:
Heavy metal band’s frontman plays a game with a robot to guess his identity Subscribe to Rolling Stone on YouTube: http://bit.ly/1uGwgGg Check out http://www…
Continue reading “M. Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold Tries to Stump a Robot”
A quarter of Dubai’s police will be robots by 2030.
Continue reading “RoboCop on the beat”
- In late April, the two computer science majors built a Facebook Messenger bot that, when fed a link, will tell you whether the article in question is or isn’t “fake news.”
- Bhat, who has built civic tech tools before in his spare time, thought that perhaps they could use machine learning to build a bot that would help put articles people find on Facebook in context.
- To teach the algorithm to recognize right-leaning content they fed it thousands of articles from Breitbart, a hyperconservative news website.
- NewsBot has also begun offering short news summaries of top articles.
- Right now you can mark an article as fake news from a small drop down at the top, but if you’re a user just scrolling, the feed hasn’t really changed in any way.
This could change how you read the news.
Continue reading “2 college students built a tool to fight fake news on Facebook using artificial intelligence”
- About 8,300 articles related to Python have been posted on Data Science Central, according to Google.
- Below is a small sample — the 12 most useful and popular articles to get started with Python and data science.
- The Guide to Learning Python for Data Science has been moved here.
- To receive updates about Python and any other data science topics, sign-up with DSC
About 8,300 articles related to Python have been posted on Data Science Central, according to Google. Below is a small sample — the 12 most useful and popular…
Continue reading “12 Python Resources for Data Science”
- That is, unfortunately, a very real fear these days, as mankind is making more and more advances in the science and technology behind AI components and robotics.
- All it takes is for one robot to grow p*ssed off before they decide to form an uprising against humanity.
- Lying and cheating is actually a normal human behavior.
- But robots are only just learning to do this all on their own.
- Researchers from the Georgia Institute of Technology developed a series of robots capable of cheating and deception towards others.
Stephen Hawking, Bill Gates, and even Elon Musk are considered some of the most brilliant men on the planet, but they are all absolutely terrified of artificial intelligence taking over the world one day. That is, unfortunately, a very real fear these days, as mankind is making more and more advances in the science and technology behind AI components and robotics. All it takes is for one robot to grow p*ssed off before they decide to form an uprising against humanity. We should all be terrified of that happening. Here are ten truly scary developments in AI.
Continue reading “10 Super Scary Developments In Artificial Intelligence – Viral FreQ”