Best quote from NAS DS Round Table: “I mean, do we need deep learning to analyze 30 subjects?” – B Caffo @simplystats #datascienceinreallife
Continue reading “Don’t use deep learning your data isn’t that big · Simply Statistics”
- On Wednesday, May 24, Dubai will launch a new police robot that marks the first phase of the integration of robots into the police force.
- This modified version of the REEM robot (Designed by PAL robotics and unveiled in 2011) is capable of feeding video to a command center, forwarding reported crimes to police, settling fines, facial recognition, and speaking nine languages.
- Dubai hopes robots will constitute 25 percent of its police force by 2030, with the next stage being to use them as receptionists in police stations.
- Brigadier Khalid Nasser Alrazooqi, General Director of Dubai Police’s Smart Services Department, told CNN that they eventually want to release a “fully-functional robot that can work as [a] normal police officer.”
- In February, China started using the AnBot that uses facial recognition to identify criminals and is capable of following them until the police arrive.
On Wednesday, May 24, Dubai will launch a new police robot that marks the first phase of the integration of robots into the police force. This modified version of the REEM robot (Designed by PAL robotics and unveiled in 2011) is capable of feeding video to a command center, forwarding reported crimes to police, settling fines, facial recognition, and speaking nine languages. It will operate at most malls and tourist attractions.
Continue reading “Dubai is introducing robotic policemen, to make up 25% of the force by 2030”
- Researchers in artificial intelligence and machine learning have started to design software that allows computers to learn about causes the way that scientists do.
- In one experiment, we showed preschool children a simple machine with a switch on one side and two disks that spin on top.
- Bayesian inference considers both the strength of new evidence and the strength of your existing hypotheses.
- Both toddlers and scientists hold on to well-confirmed hypotheses, but eventually enough new evidence can overturn even the most cherished idea.
- Several studies show that youngsters integrate existing knowledge and new evidence in this way.
Alison Gopnik, author of “ Making AI Human ” in Scientific American ’s June issue describes the use of Bayesian statistics to outline how youngsters infer the basics of cause and effect.
Continue reading “Artificial Intelligence Helps in Learning How Children Learn”
- The complete report, available here, covers how businesses are using machine learning and deep learning, differentiating between AI, machine learning and deep learning, what it takes to get started, software tools for AI and more.
- There are three exemplary members of the AI software stack available as deep learning frameworks: Caffe, MXNet and TensorFlow.
- • MXNet, jointly developed by collaborators from multiple universities and companies, is a lightweight, portable and flexible deep learning framework designed for both efficiency and flexibility.
- Enterprise software tools for AI also includes NVIDIA DIGITS , which puts the power of deep learning into the hands of engineers and data scientists.
- DIGITS simplifies common deep learning tasks such as managing data, designing and training neural networks on multi-GPU systems, monitoring performance in real time with advanced visualizations, and selecting the best performing model.
There are three exemplary members of the AI software stack available as deep learning frameworks. This post explores software options for AI.
Continue reading “Enterprise Software Tools for AI”
- Additionally, we announced a new promotion specifically for partners reselling our Data Security solutions.
- Informatica offers solutions to help partners help their customers with both “Detect” (Discovery and Classification) and “Protect” (Data Masking, Encryption or other 3rd party tools)
Best of all, Informatica is relying on you, our partners, to drive this strategy within our joint customer base.
- Additionally, on the May Partner Pulse Webcast, we launched our Data Security Promotion for partners!
- This includes additional front-end and back-end margin and rebates for partners who identify and close data security opportunities.
- You can listen to the replay of this webcast here and get the details of our Data Security promotion and solution portfolio on PARC, our partner portal.
Partner Opportunities in Data Security- We’ve got the enablement materials, sales tools and marketing programs to help get you started.
Continue reading “Partner Opportunities in Data Security”
- Heavy metal band’s frontman plays a game with a robot to guess his identity
Subscribe to Rolling Stone on YouTube: http://bit.ly/1uGwgGg
Check out http://www.rollingstone.com for the latest news in music, culture, politics and more.
- More videos from Rolling Stone:
Like Rolling Stone Video on Facebook:
Like Rolling Stone on Facebook:
Follow Rolling Stone on Twitter: Rolling Stone on Instagram:
Heavy metal band’s frontman plays a game with a robot to guess his identity Subscribe to Rolling Stone on YouTube: http://bit.ly/1uGwgGg Check out http://www…
Continue reading “M. Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold Tries to Stump a Robot”
A quarter of Dubai’s police will be robots by 2030.
Continue reading “RoboCop on the beat”