The Tesla CEO has stated that robots will cause massive disruption in the job market, and “will be able to do everything better than us.”
Continue reading “Elon Musk: Zuckerberg Has ‘Limited’ Understanding Of Artificial Intelligence”
- Tanmay Bakshi fell in love with computers at five, released his first iPhone app at nine, and now at just 13 years old is working with IBM on artificial intelligence.
- He is currently in Australia for the IBM Watson Summit, which brings together experts in artificial intelligence to discuss how the technology can help people and businesses in the future.
- “If you think about it, really anything would fascinate a five-year-old, especially a computer,” Tanmay told News Breakfast.
- Tanmay names Apple co-founder Steve Jobs as an inspiration — “especially his passion and dedication towards his work” — and is now most excited by how artificial intelligence can be used in health care.
- Tanmay has toured the world to spread the word on computer programming, including giving public lectures and joining forum discussions, which has meant he has left traditional school in lieu of home schooling.
Tanmay Bakshi isn’t your typical 13-year-old. Rather than playing video games he’s blazing new trails in AI and has become one of the youngest app developers in the world.
Continue reading “Meet the 13-year-old prodigy taking IBM and artificial intelligence by storm”
- Tesla chief executive Elon Musk shot back at Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg on Tuesday for saying people worried about artificial intelligence — the capability of machines to perform tasks usually reserved for humans — are “pretty irresponsible,” in a recent Facebook Live interview.
- Musk has been one of the most prominent voices in tech warning of the potential dangers of unchecked artificial intelligence, saying it’s humanity’s “biggest existential threat,” and the “greatest risk we face as a talked to Mark about this.
- — Elon Musk (@elonmusk) July 25, 2017
Beyond AI coming to take everyone’s job in the next 50 years, Musk has been more concerned with the plausible threat of machines moving beyond “narrow AI” — expertise in specific fields — and learning at a more rapid rate than humans can.
- He co-founded OpenAI in 2015, a research company aiming to build “safe AI” through a collaborative effort, rather than individual companies having an arms Rad Projects Elon Musk Has Worked On Musk has been at the forefront of Silicon Valley innovation for two decades.
- Tesla Slide
Next of 8
The real-life Tony Stark is the poster boy for Silicon Valley Musk has been at the forefront of Silicon Valley innovation for two decades.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk took issue with Mark Zuckerberg’s recent comments on artificial intelligence, saying the Facebook CEO’s knowledge is “limited”
Continue reading “Elon Musk Calls out Mark Zuckerberg’s ‘Limited’ Understanding of Artificial Intelligence”
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk charged that Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has a “limited” understanding of artificial intelligence, continuing a public argument between the two tech moguls on the potential dangers of artificial intelligence.
- On Sunday, Zuckerberg said on a Facebook livestream during his 50-state speaking tour that apocalyptic speculation on the future of AI is “irresponsible.”
- The Facebook CEO’s comment came days after Elon Musk made headlines by calling for AI to be regulated before “it’s too late,” saying that the technology “represented a fundamental risk to the existence of civilization.”
- Musk shot down Zuckerberg’s credentials on the topic on Twitter, after another Twitter user sent him a link to an article with the Facebook CEO’s comments from Sunday.
- Despite their disagreements on the ultimate impact that AI could have on civilization, Zuckerberg and Musk agree that universal basic income is a potential solution to increased automation driven by AI displacing workers.
Musk and Zuckberg are in a spat about AI’s potential impact on society.
Continue reading “Elon Musk fires back at Zuckerberg on AI dangers”
- “There was no reward to sticking to English language,” says Dhruv Batra, visiting research scientist from Georgia Tech at Facebook AI Research (FAIR).
- We Teach Bots To Talk, But We’ll Never Learn Their Language Facebook ultimately opted to require its negotiation bots to speak in plain old English.
- The other issue, as Facebook admits, is that it has no way of truly understanding any divergent computer language.
- “It’s important to remember, there aren’t bilingual speakers of AI and human languages,” says Batra.
- As one insider at a major AI technology company told me: No, his company wasn’t actively interested in AIs that generated their own custom languages.
Researchers at Facebook realized their bots were chattering in a new language. Then they stopped it.
Continue reading “AI Is Inventing Languages Humans Can’t Understand. Should We Stop It?”
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) attracted $162M in investments across 12 deals in the first half of 2017, the highest amount of funding in Canada in the past five years, according to the MoneyTree™ Report from PwC Canada and CB Insights.
- Despite the record high in AI deals, investments in venture-backed companies based in Canada slowed down in the first half of 2017.
- Sector-wise, Internet deal count was up 19% from Q1 2017; Healthcare and Mobile accounted for much of the quarterly decline in Canada as a whole.
- In terms of thematic areas, a $102M mega-round pushed annual funding to Canadian AI companies to a high of $162Macross 12 deals through H1 2017, while deal activity is also on pace to surpass last year’s high.
- “This wasn’t a great quarter for Canada’s venture ecosystem especially when viewed against the global and US funding and deal trends our data reveals,” stated Anand Sanwal, co-founder and CEO of CB Insights.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) attracted $162M in investments across 12 deals in the first half of 2017, the highest amount of funding in Canada in the past five years, according to the MoneyTree™ Report from PwC Canada and CB Insights. Despite the record high in AI deals, investments in venture-backed companies based in Canada slowed down in the first half of 2017.
Continue reading “AI Accelerates in Canada: Record High Investments in AI in the Past Five Years”