SITTING IN AN office in San Francisco, Igor Barani calls up some medical scans on his screen. He is the chief executive of Enlitic, one of a host of startups applying deep learning to medicine, starting with the analysis of images such as X-rays and CT scans. It is an obvious use of the technology.
Continue reading “Artificial intelligence: The impact on jobsAutomation and anxiety”
- But the transformational nature of artificial intelligence requires new metrics of success for our profession.
- This year alone at least 1 billion people will be touched in some way by artificial intelligence, which is transforming everything from financial services to transportation, energy, education and retail.
- And why IBM is a founding member of the Partnership on AI, a collaboration among Google, Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, Apple and many scientific and nonprofit organizations charged with guiding the development of artificial intelligence to the benefit of society.
- Opportunity: Developers of AI applications should accept the responsibility of enabling students, workers and citizens to take advantage of every opportunity in the new economy powered by cognitive systems.
- They should help them acquire the skills and knowledge to engage safely, securely and effectively in a relationship with cognitive systems, and to perform the new kinds of work and jobs that will emerge in a cognitive economy.
By Guru Banavar, IBM’s Chief Science Officer for Cognitive Computing
I am a computer scientist and engineer, inspired by the art of the possible an…
Continue reading “The Science of AI and the Art of Social Responsibility”
- Natural language processing (NLP) deals with the key artificial intelligence technology of understanding complex human language communication.
- This lecture series provides a thorough introduction to the cutting-edge research in deep learning applied to NLP, an approach that has recently obtained very high performance across many different NLP tasks including question answering and machine translation.
Natural language processing (NLP) deals with the key artificial intelligence technology of understanding complex human language communication. This lecture s…
Continue reading “Lecture Collection”
- “SparkCognition is at the forefront of a technological shift in machine learning and artificial intelligence that will revolutionize every aspect of industry,” according to Boeing CTO Greg Hyslop.
- Boeing’s stake was placed through HorizonX, a venture it set up recently to direct investment capital for technology commercialization and new market access.
- SparkCognition develops “machine learning technology” — i.e., artificial intelligence — particularly for applications in information technology, energy, oil-and-gas, manufacturing, finance, aerospace, defense, telecommunications and security.
- Reportedly, several of the initial investors investors joined Boeing and Verizon Ventures in the new funding.
- “SparkCognition is at the forefront of a technological shift in machine learning and artificial intelligence that will revolutionize every aspect of industry.
Boeing is investing in SparkCognition, a developer of “machine learning technology” for IT, energy, manufacturing, aerospace, defense, and other sectors.
Continue reading “Boeing Takes Stake in AI, Machine Learning Tech Developer”
- Many of these systems will need to work in real time, and that requires massive local processing capability.
- Many options, but only one chance to pick the right combination to hit the power, performance and area (PPA) target of the final system.
- To begin, you need a massive knowledge base of all combinations of process technologies, technology options, IP and package configurations.
- You also need to capture the profiles of CPU, disk, memory and I/O bandwidth required for many types of advanced designs, and for the various steps in the design process.
- A system that designs machine learning systems is still on the horizon, but using machine learning to help build machine learning chips is very real.
Building the systems that power machine learning is an immensely complex task.
Continue reading “Semiconductor Engineering .:. A Learning Machine For Machine Learning -Semiconductor Engineering”