- The rise of artificial intelligence presents not only technical challenges, but important legal and ethical challenges for society, especially regarding machines like autonomous weapons and self-driving cars.
- To discuss these issues, I interviewed Matt Scherer and Ryan Jenkins.
- Matt is an attorney and legal scholar whose scholarship focuses on the intersection between law and artificial intelligence.
- Ryan is an assistant professor of philosophy and a senior fellow at the Ethics and Emerging Sciences group at California Polytechnic State, where he studies the ethics of technology.
- In this podcast, we discuss accountability and transparency with autonomous systems, government regulation vs. self-regulation, fake news, and the future of autonomous systems.
Stream Law and Ethics of AI with Ryan Jenkins and Matt Scherer by Future of Life Institute from desktop or your mobile device
Continue reading “Law and Ethics of AI with Ryan Jenkins and Matt Scherer by Future of Life Institute”
- This article on an introduction to implementing neural networks using TensorFlow, was posted by Faizan Shaikh.
- If you have been following Data Science / Machine Learning, you just can’t miss the buzz around Deep Learning and Neural Networks.
- Organizations are looking for people with Deep Learning skills wherever they can.
- Starting with this article, I will write a series of articles on deep learning covering the popular Deep Learning libraries and their hands-on implementation.
- After reading this article you will be able to understand application of neural networks and use TensorFlow to solve a real life problem.
This article on an introduction to implementing neural networks using TensorFlow, was posted by Faizan Shaikh. Faizan is a Data Science enthusiast and a Deep l…
Continue reading “An Introduction to Implementing Neural Networks using TensorFlow”
- To help us do so, UC San Diego is launching a collaboration with IBM Research to enhance quality of life and independence for aging populations.
- The new Artificial Intelligence for Healthy Living Center (AIHL), located on our La Jolla campus, will combine the technology, cognitive and life sciences strengths of IBM and UC San Diego.
- At UC San Diego, we’re bringing together top researchers from across our campus including computer science and engineering, the San Diego Super Computer Center, cognitive science, the Center for Microbiome Innovation, medicine including psychiatry, and the Qualcomm Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology.
- Hands-on research experience with UC San Diego and IBM scientists will be complemented by jointly taught classes and seminars, and will showcase opportunities for trainee and faculty projects.
- This project is supporting 15 UC San Diego faculty members, along with 46 students, postdocs and research staff.
UC San Diego and IBM Research will use AI to study the impact of genetics and the human microbiome on the cognition of older adults.
Continue reading “Using AI to help aging populations live better — microbiome may be the key”
- The US Senate today announced it had reached an agreement internally concerning self-driving car technology.
- The Senate is expected to pass legislation on October 4th that would clear regulations and restrictions for manufacturers, in essence providing a clear path to putting driverless cars on the road.
- The House passed legislation this summer in a bipartisan effort to ensure the US remains at the cutting-edge of driverless car development.
- Earlier this year the the US Department of Transportation, in conjunction with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, released its updated guidelines for self-driving cars.
- In the document, a series of safety considerations are provided to manufacturers with explicit mention that State governments should not regulate self-driving cars: – – NHTSA strongly encourages States not to codify this Voluntary Guidance (that is, incorporate it into State statutes) as a legal requirement for any phases of…
US Senators today announced and agreement to pass legislation that approves driverless cars on US roadways, to be voted on in October.
Continue reading “Senate set to approve self-driving cars for US roadways”
- Richard Dawkins posits an interesting idea, or at the very least a premise to a good science-fiction novel… – – When we come to artificial intelligence and the possibility of their becoming conscious we reach a profound philosophical difficulty.
- I am a philosophical naturalist.
- It hasn’t been done yet, we’re probably quite a long way away from it, but I see no reason why in the future we shouldn’t reach the point where a human made robot is capable of consciousness and of feeling pain.
- We can feel pain, why shouldn’t they?
Will A.I. take us over, and one day look back on this time period as the dawn of their civilization? Richard Dawkins posits an interesting idea, or at the very least a premise to a good science-fiction novel…
When we come to artificial intelligence and the possibility of their becoming conscious we reach a profound philosophical difficulty. I am a philosophical naturalist. I am committed to the view that there’s nothing in our brains that violates the laws of physics, there’s nothing that could not in principle be reproduced in technology. It hasn’t been done yet, we’re probably quite a long way away from it, but I see no reason why in the future we shouldn’t reach the point where a human made robot is capable of consciousness and of feeling pain. We can feel pain, why shouldn’t they?
Continue reading “Artificial Intelligence Might Run the World Better Than Humans Do”
- Facebook Messenger bots will help users to interact with a company or service over Facebook Messenger in natural language (NLP).
- Many companies think bots are the next big thing and Facebook wants to make money off of chatbots.
- American companies in the U.S can implement certain native elements into their Facebook chatbots such as: Facebook payment functionality and get the receipt via Facebook receipt messenger bot.
- Facebook wants you to run Pay Per Click ads on their platform, and these bots will get businesses to run more facebook advertisements.
- This is why if you decide to have a chatbot, you should develop a bot dialogue messenger in order to get users to become interested in your products or services.
Many companies think bots are the next big thing and Facebook wants to make money off of chatbots. Let’s have a closer look to facebook chatbots.
Continue reading “Blazing the Path Through the Jungles of Facebook Messenger Bots”
- The MAGOS Token Sale will begin on August 16th, 20:00 UTC.
- The only official source for contribution addresses is MAGOS website.
- For security reasons, we advise you to ignore the addresses from any other sources, including social medial channels.
- The price of MAG token is initially set to 1995 MAG per ETH, and will be declining to a final rate of 1500 MAG per ETH, based on currently contributed ETH amount: – – Team members and advisors will have 18 months vesting with 6 months cliff.
- This means we will mature 33% of our tokens each 6 months.
The minimum investment goal is 3,400 ETH. If this is not achieved by the end of the sale all the investments will be refunded. The maximum goal is 22,640 ETH.
Continue reading “Token sale”