- Last week we announced the release of PlaidML, an open source software framework designed to enable deep learning on every device.
- We received immediate requests for Mac and Python 3, today we’re pleased to announce preliminary support for both.
- Installing PlaidML with Keras on a Mac is as simple as , but we’ve added something extra: – – We’ve updated plaidvision with support for macOS and Mac built-in webcams.
- The actual installation only takes a moment: – – PlaidML on Mac is a preview and we are very interested in hearing about user experiences.
- We’d especially like to thank GitHub user Juanlu001, our first open source contributor, for taking the lead on Python 3 support.
Last week we announced the release of PlaidML, an open source software framework designed to enable deep learning on every device. Our goal with PlaidML is to make deep learning accessible by supporting the most popular hardware and software already in the hands of developers, researchers, and students. Last week’s release supported Python 2.7 on Linux. We received immediate requests for Mac and Python 3, today we’re pleased to announce preliminary support for both.
Continue reading “Vertex.AI”
- Saudi Arabia has officially recognised a humanoid robot as a citizen, marking the first time in history that an AI device has been awarded such status.
- Sophia, an intelligent humanoid robot created by Hanson Robotics, announced the citizenship herself during a panel discussion at the Future Investment Initiative conference in Saudi Arabia.
- It is unclear whether she will receive the same rights as human citizens, or if Saudi Arabia will develop a specific system devoted to robots.
- But she appeared to swerve questions directed at robots’ self-awareness, and instead poked fun at comments made by Elon Musk that AI is a “fundamental risk to human civilisation”.
- Many in the design industry have already expressed concerns about the way humans and robots will live together.
Saudi Arabia has recognised a humanoid robot as a citizen of its country, marking the first time in history that an AI device has been awarded such status.
Continue reading “Saudi Arabia becomes first country to grant citizenship to a robot”
- Project InnerEye is a new AI product targeted at improving the productivity of oncologists, radiologists, and surgeons when working with radiological images.
- The project’s main focus is in the treatment of tumors and monitoring the progression of cancer in temporal studies.
- InnerEye builds upon many years of research in computer vision and machine learning.
- It employs decision forests (as used already in Kinect and Hololens) to help radiation oncologists and radiologists deliver better care, more efficiently and consistently to their cancer patients.
Try Microsoft Edge
A fast and secure browser that’s designed for Windows 10
Continue reading “Tech Showcase: Project InnerEye – Assistive AI for Cancer Treatment”
- Because we know how to have fun âď¸, we were (litteraly) excited about spending days and nights on crunching data of European startups funded in 2016 to eventually get a real sense of what is AI and Dataâs real trend in Europe.
- 2800+ Startups later, we eventually found out 271 AI Data startups and here is our main conclusion: Yes, AI is a thing and itâs happening now.Not convincing enough?
- Fundraising went crazy, and we always want more of itNumbers staggerÂ : $774 millionâââYes 7â7 and 4, nearly 10% of the total 10+ billion invested in European startups in 2016, has been fully dedicated to AI data.
- Bringing the total investment in AI Data to 2 billion since 2014.2.
- This trend has been led by early stage investments which played a signifiant role: $215 million have been invested in 171 early stage startups (0 to $5m in funding).
Because we know how to have fun ✌️, we were (litteraly) excited about spending days and nights on crunching data of European startups funded in 2016 to eventually get a real sense of what is AI and…
Continue reading “The AI Rush – Serena Capital”
- Businesses like Popcorn Metrics have even experienced an increase in conversions of more than 300% after implementing the growth hacking tactic of user onboarding.
- You can also use growth hacking for driving more repeat business, increasing sales leads, and growing your subscribers list.
- But like any other marketing effort, there are updates and changes that can impact the effectiveness of growth hacking tactics.
- Differences in business requirements and the mindset of target customers can also have a huge impact on how well your growth hacking tactics work.
- Which of these resources do you plan to use for enhancing your growth hacking efforts?
Growth hacking have helped start-ups and established organizations alike in speeding up revenue growth. Have a look at the growth hacking weekly roundup.
Continue reading “7 Things to Know About Growth Hacking Right Now”
- Register or login for access to this item and much more – – All Financial Planning content is archived after seven days.
- Community members receive: – – – – – – All recent and archived articles – – Conference offers and updates – – A full menu of enewsletter options – – Web seminars, white papers, ebooks – – – – – – Already have an account?
- Log In – Don’t have an account?
- Register for Free Unlimited Access
The top independents all state going public is a goal, but there are doubts about broad market support.
Continue reading “Who will win the robo advisor IPO race?”
- Genus AI will use the money to expand its technology team in London and boost its sales operations in the US – the startup’s primary market.
- Despite increasing amount of data and computing power organisations are still struggling to engage with customers in an authentic way,” said Tadas Jucikas, CEO and co-founder of Genus AI.
- “At Genus AI we are building a new kind of artificial intelligence system which helps us inform and have a positive impact on the real world.
- Our technology has been in development with our customers for almost two years and I am extremely excited to welcome our new investors to help us bring Genus AI to the next level of growth,” he continued.
- Set up alongside Brent Clickard and Tobias Kloepper, Genus AI leverages machine learning, neuroscience, psychology and behavioural sciences to enable customers to engage with brands in an emotionally intelligent way.
The round was led by early-stage technology investment firm Picus Capital.
Continue reading “Artificial intelligence startup Genus AI scores $1m”