- Designed by Pierpaolo Lazzarini from Italian company Jet Capsule.
- The giant human-like robot bears a striking resemblance to the military robots starring in the movie ‘Avatar’ and is claimed as a world first by its creators from a South Korean robotic company – – A man looks at an exhibit entitled ‘Mimus’ a giant industrial robot which has been…
- This is a production preview of the Jaguar I-PACE, which will be revealed next year and on the road in 2018 – – An exhibitor charges the battery cells of AnyWalker, an ultra-mobile chasis robot which is able to move in any kind of environment during Singapore International Robo Expo…
- In its facilities, JAXA develop satellites and analyse their observation data, train astronauts for utilization in the Japanese Experiment Module ‘Kibo’ of the International Space Station (ISS) and develop launch vehicles – – The robot developed by Seed Solutions sings and dances to the music during the Japan Robot Week…
- At this biennial event, the participating companies exhibit their latest service robotic technologies and components
Stephen Hawking is concerned that artificial intelligence could replace humans. The world-renowned physicist fears that somebody will create AI that will keep improving itself until it’s eventually superior to people. He says the result of this will be a “new form” of life.
Continue reading “Stephen Hawking warns artificial intelligence ‘may replace humans altogether’”
- Alphabet, Amazon, and Microsoft have all discovered that the artificial intelligence they use to make their own products better can be turned into a service and sold to corporate customers as a value-added service on top of their booming cloud-computing businesses.
- Once Google decided to get more serious about its cloud computing business and serving enterprise customers—Google Cloud storage officially launched in 2010—it has found more ways to take its AI investment and acumen and use it to serve others.
- Both groups have worked on applying AI in healthcare, for example, which then allows Google Cloud to better serve businesses in that field.
- Although most of the value in Google’s AI accrues to its own products and services, the company has stated that Google Cloud is one of its fastest-growing business units.
- Amazon has a much more natural synergy between its AI efforts and how it can sell those initiatives to others via its industry-leading cloud computing service.
The tech giants with cloud computing businesses are using artificial intelligence offerings to distinguish themselves and win business.
Continue reading “How Amazon, Google, Microsoft, And IBM Sell AI As A Service”
- To take one example, more and more people are supplying digital services online via what is sometimes dubbed the “human cloud”.
- But consumers and companies will also expect ever-smarter AI services: digital assistants such as Amazon’s Alexa and Microsoft’s Cortana will have to answer more complex questions.
- Accordingly, Ms Gray and Siddharth Suri, her collaborator at Microsoft Research, see services such as UpWork and Mechanical Turk as early signs of things to come.
- A travel agency, for instance, might use AI to deal with routine tasks (such as booking a flight), but direct the more complicated ones (a request to create a customised city tour, say) to humans.
- Mark Graham of the University of Oxford concludes that platforms for online work do indeed offer new sources of income for many, particularly in poor countries, but that these services also drive down wages.
WHEN the first printed books with illustrations started to appear in the 1470s in the German city of Augsburg, wood engravers rose up in protest. Worried about their jobs, they literally stopped the presses. In fact, their skills turned out to be in higher demand than before: somebody had to illustrate the growing number of books.
Continue reading “Artificial intelligence will create new kinds of work”
- A powerful visual tool like IBM SPSS Modeler is actually a great way to learn about data science and machine learning.
- IBM is supporting this goal by providing IBM SPSS Modeler for free for educational usage.
- This distribution is part of the IBM Academic Initiative program which provides many types of IBM software and cloud services for free or reduced cost.
- If you are a student or professor, please go to ibm.onthehub.com and search for IBM SPSS Modeler.
- If you are not a student or professor but know of some students/professors looking for free data science software, let them know about IBM SPSS Modeler.
Search SPSS Predictive Analytics
Continue reading “SPSS Modeler available for free for educational usage”