- If you want to get even more from TED, like the ability to save talks to watch later, sign up for a TED account now .
- Bring TED to the non-English speaking world
- Updates from TED and highlights from our global community
- The talk was presented at an official TED conference, and was featured by our editors on the home page.
- 100+ collections of TED Talks, for curious minds
Read the full article, click here.
@erikbryn: “Amazing #TED talk by Blaise Agüera y Arcas:
Reverse deep learning => Creativity!
We’re on the edge of a new frontier in art and creativity — and it’s not human. Blaise Agüera y Arcas, principal scientist at Google, works with deep neural networks for machine perception and distributed learning. In this captivating demo, he shows how neural nets trained to recognize images can be run in reverse, to generate them. The results: spectacular, hallucinatory collages (and poems!) that defy categorization. “Perception and creativity are very intimately connected,” Agüera y Arcas says. “Any creature, any being that is able to do perceptual acts is also able to create.”
Blaise Agüera y Arcas: How computers are learning to be creative