- This past week, Facebook and LinkedIn both revealed new numbers and stats about holiday shopping, even though Halloween is just a day away.Here are six data points that stuck out to us this week.1.
- Tis the seasonIt’s still October, but the holiday season is already in full swing for retailers and consumers are expected to spend 51 percent of their shopping budgets online this year, according to data from Deloitte.
- Secret job huntersSince launching a feature called Open Candidates a year ago, LinkedIn says that it is now used by 10 million users.The feature lets users privately let recruiters know that they are open to new opportunities without broadcasting it to their network.LinkedIn also plans to add more personalized suggestions…
- Pivot to … pictures?Arkadium, a content tool that helps publishers like CNN and the Washington Post boost engagement on stories, found that 85 percent of millennials were likely to finish reading a story if it included visuals.
- Another 82 percent of millennials said they would return to news sites that regularly include visuals.So, why are millennials memorized by images?
This past week, Facebook and LinkedIn both revealed new numbers and stats about holiday shopping, even though Halloween is just a day away.
Continue reading “Here Are 6 Intriguing Digital Marketing Stats From Last Week – Adweek”
- “Success in creating effective AI, could be the biggest event in the history of our civilization.
- It’s not the first time Hawking has warned about the potential dangers of artificial intelligence.
- Just last week he told Wired he thought AI would eventually replace humans entirely, saying that once it develops to the point that it can improve and replicate itself, it will supersede humanity.
- Hawking said AI could also eradicate disease, end poverty, and reverse damage done to the planet.
- If we fail to adequately prepare for the potential pitfalls of AI, we may face “powerful autonomous weapons,” “new ways for the few to oppress the many,” or, mother of all ills, economic disruption.
Stephen Hawking Isn’t Sure Whether Artificial Intelligence Will End Poverty or Kill Us All
Continue reading “Stephen Hawking Isn’t Sure Whether Artificial Intelligence Will End Poverty or Kill Us All”
- A few weeks ago, the Royal Society of Machine Learning released a report considering the state of Machine Learning in the UK.
- As with many reports and studies around the ‘rise of the machine learning’ era the Royal Society of Machine Learning’s report shouts about the potential that A.I solutions can provide to every corner of our Society, it also highlights legitimate concerns from the same societies that A.I technology is meant…
- The report references a survey conducted by the Society, which shows that there is an overriding concern, also aired in the national press, that jobs will be stolen by the machine, big businesses will increase profits and the unemployment lines will grow.
- The survey also showed that there is a real concern that skill levels will be eroded and that there should be a focus on up-skilling in areas of data science and machine learning, to provide a career path to those who will be displaced by the application of these solutions….
- Teams that are impacted using machine learning and A.I can now focus on growing their business and personal success.
A few weeks ago, the Royal Society of Machine Learning released a report considering the state of Machine Learning in the UK. It contained a lot of valuable information on the history, current implementations and future uses of A.I – I wanted to share my highlights of that report and investigate what it means for businesses.
Continue reading “Why A.I and machine learning is the key to unlocking creativity and productivity”
- Facebook Messenger bots will help users to interact with a company or service over Facebook Messenger in natural language (NLP).
- Many companies think bots are the next big thing and Facebook wants to make money off of chatbots.
- American companies in the U.S can implement certain native elements into their Facebook chatbots such as: Facebook payment functionality and get the receipt via Facebook receipt messenger bot.
- Facebook wants you to run Pay Per Click ads on their platform, and these bots will get businesses to run more facebook advertisements.
- This is why if you decide to have a chatbot, you should develop a bot dialogue messenger in order to get users to become interested in your products or services.
Many companies think bots are the next big thing and Facebook wants to make money off of chatbots. Let’s have a closer look to facebook chatbots.
Continue reading “Blazing the Path Through the Jungles of Facebook Messenger Bots”
- Smart bettors quickly take advantage and the bookmaker shifts the line to equivalate betting volume on either side of a matchup.Similarly, high variance in opinion when the data between two teams is very similar can often lead to poor lines.
- By polling the crowd with low limits to start, Pinnacle can often limit exposure on early lines and avoid getting picked off on markets by sharp bettors.This novel method of polling the crowd drives lines globally, and it’s no surprise that the default action for almost every sportsbook is to…
- To produce lines we will use an ensemble of best in class Deep Learning networks, alongside other more common approaches to shape a line up to 24 hours before current markets take shape.At Fansunite.io, the world’s preeminent social token betting platform, we have been actively shaping our risk management strategy…
- We offer an industry leading 1% margin and will maintain a winners welcome philosophy.The Value to the Betting CustomerOur automated machine approach to setting lines offers the following core value to our customers.Savings we can pass on to our bettors.
- By using Machine Learning, we can offer real time In-Play betting markets to our amazing customers.Stable Currency: Solid lines offer big rewards to currency and token holders by ensuring that the coin base is not drained by sophisticated traders and demand remains strong for our low margin lines.
Machine Learning is becoming a standard tool of the sports betting industry. At fansunite.io we are keenly aware of this technology and actively incorporating it into our risk management strategy…
Continue reading “Machine Learning in Bookmaking – FansUnite – Medium”
- Learn how to prepare data, and build and deploy models with our quickstarts and tutorials.
- The preview features of Azure Machine Learning enable building, deploying, and managing ML and AI models using any Python tools and libraries.
- You can use a wide variety of data and compute services in Azure in order to store and process your data.
Learn how to prepare data, and build and deploy models with our quickstarts and tutorials. The preview features of Azure Machine Learning enable building, deploying, and managing ML and AI models using any Python tools and libraries. You can use a wide variety of data and compute services in Azure in order to store and process your data.
Continue reading “Azure Machine Learning Documentation (Preview)”
- While human augmentation is just at the beginning of the innovation trigger phase of the Hype Cycle, complementary emerging technologies such as machine learning, blockchain, drones (commercial UAVs), software-defined security and brain-computer interfaces have moved significantly along the Hype Cycle since 2016.
- The Gartner Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies, 2017 focuses on three emerging technology mega-trends: Artificial intelligence (AI) everywhere, transparently immersive experiences and digital platforms.
- “Our 2017 Hype Cycle reveals three distinct technology trends that profoundly create new experiences with unrivaled intelligence, and offer platforms that propel organizations to connect with new business ecosystems in order to become competitive over the next five to 10 years.”
- “When autonomous vehicles, AI, IoT and other emerging technologies are combined with economic trends like the sharing economy, we truly see different business designs that profoundly disrupt the market,” Walker says.
- Also in the realm of AI, machine learning, one of the hottest concepts in technology, has the potential to benefit industries from supply chain to drug research.
Enterprises should explain the business potential of blockchain, artificial intelligence and augmented reality.
Continue reading “Top Trends in the Gartner Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies, 2017”
- A curated list of amazingly awesome tools and resources related to the use of machine learning for cyber security.
- Please read CONTRIBUTING if you wish to add tools or resources.
awesome-ml-for-cybersecurity – :octocat: Machine Learning for Cyber Security
Continue reading “GitHub”
- Deep learning neural networks — the likes of which power AlphaGo as well as the current generation of image recognition and language translation systems — are the best machine learning systems we’ve developed to date.
- While neurons use their various connections with each other to recognize patterns, “We are explicitly forcing the network to discover the relationships that exist” between pairs of objects in a given scenario, Timothy Lillicrap, a computer scientist at DeepMind told Science Magazine.When subsequently tasked in June with answering complex questions…
- In a pair of research papers presented at the 2017 International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence held in Melbourne, Australia last week, IBM submitted two studies: one looking into how to grant AI an “attention span”, the other examining how to apply the biological process of neurogenesis — that is,…
- It’s the same way that your doctor doesn’t tap your knees with that weird little hammer thing when you come in complaining of chest pain and shortness of breath.While the attention system is handy for ensuring that the network stays on task, IBM’s work into neural plasticity (how well memories…
- Basically the attention model will cover the short term, active, thought process while the memory portion will enable the network to streamline its function depending on the current situation.But don’t expect to see AIs rivalling the depth of human consciousness anytime soon, Rish warns.
Since the days of Da Vinci’s “Ornithoper”, mankind’s greatest minds have sought inspiration from the natural world for their technological creations. It’s no di…
Continue reading “IBM is teaching AI to behave more like the human brain”
- The head of Google’s parent company contrasted divisive U.S. politics against Canada’s innovation and immigration-friendly policies Thursday, adding his company owes this country a favour – one the Prime Minister said he’d be sure to call in.
- Google is among the backers of the Vector Institute, a Toronto-based artificial intelligence research lab which is part of Ottawa’s strategy to drive innovation in Canada.
- The U.S., Canada and Mexico have been in prolonged negotiations over the North American Free Trade Agreement, a deal Schmidt said has been “enormously successful.”
- Schmidt added that he was worried about the impact that U.S. identity politics under Donald Trump – in contrast to Canada’s focus on inclusivity and diversity – would have on the countries’ dealings.
- Story continues below advertisement Story continues below advertisement Schmidt noted that the U.S. is “critically dependent” on supply chains from Canada, “including the back and forth that we have in the tech industry.”
Alphabet Inc. chairman Eric Schmidt said during an onstage chat with Justin Trudeau in Toronto that his company is ‘enormously thankful to Canadians’ for the country’s artificial intelligence innovations
Continue reading “Alphabet chair praises Canada’s AI innovations at Google’s Go North”