- We purposely use “pattern language” to reflect that the field of Deep Learning is a nascent, but rapidly evolving, field that is not as mature as other topics in computer science.
- Each pattern describes a problem and offers alternative solutions.
- You can find more details on this book at: A Pattern Language for Deep Learning
- Pattern Languages are languages derived from entities called patterns that when combined form solutions to complex problems.
- There are patterns that we describe that are not actually patterns, but rather may be fundamental concepts.
Read the full article, click here.
@gp_pulipaka: “Design Patterns for #DeepLearning #Architectures. #BigData #MachineLearning #DataScience #AI”
Deep Learning can be described as a new machine learning toolkit that has a high likelihood to lead to more advanced forms of artificial intelligence. The evidence for this is in the sheer number of breakthroughs that had occurred since the beginning of this decade. There is a new found optimism in the air and we are now again in a new AI spring. Unfortunately, the current state of deep learning appears to many ways to be akin to alchemy. Everybody seems to have their own black-magic methods of designing architectures. The field thus needs to move forward and strive towards chemistry, or perhaps even a periodic table for deep learning. Although deep learning is still in its early infancy of development, this book strives towards some kind of unification of the ideas in deep learning. It leverages a method of description called pattern languages.
Design Patterns for Deep Learning Architectures