- Google has always focused on reducing the power consumption of its data centers.
- The achievement is especially impressive because the data center that Google used for the experiments was already at its lowest historical PUE rating.
- Google should unveil more details in an upcoming publication.
- The servers generate large amounts of heat, which the data center must remove for it to stay within safe temperature ranges.
- Google said that operating these cooling systems in a complicated data center environment, while taking into account external factors such as the weather, is a highly complex task.
Read the full article, click here.
@gp_pulipaka: “‘@Google Slashes #DataCenter Cooling Costs By 40%. #BigData #MachineLearning #AI @DeepMindAI”
Google uses its DeepMind AI to cut the cooling bill of one of its data centers by 40 percent, proving its AI can show significant improvements in real-world applications as well.
Google Slashes Data Center Cooling Costs By 40 Percent In First Real-World Application Of the DeepMind AI