- Google is using DeepMind’s AI to slash its enormous electricity bill
- Google has finally revealed a commercial use for DeepMind – a British artificial intelligence company it acquired for over $600 million in 2014.
- “The implications are significant for Google’s data centres, given its potential to greatly improve energy efficiency and reduce emissions overall,” wrote Evans and Gao. “
- The insight was then used to ensure the data centre didn’t provide any more cooling than was necessary.
- Evans and Gao said Google achieved the energy reduction by training DeepMind’s self-learning algorithms to predict how hot data centres were going to get within the next hour.
Read the full article, click here.
@evankirstel: “Google using #AI to slash its enormous electricity bill #Datacenter #sustainability”
The search giant has been using a DeepMind AI agent in its energy-hungry data centers over the last few months.
Google is using its highly intelligent computer brain to slash its enormous electricity bill