- In a new initiative called FarmView, researchers are working to combine sensors, robotics and artificial intelligence to create a fleet of mobile field robots they hope will improve plant breeding and crop-management practices.
- According to FairView’s Senior Systems Scientist, George Kantor, robots can gather data in agricultural fields with an unprecedented level of accuracy and timeliness that can be used to help solve the world’s looming food crisis.
- A mobile field robot can gather information that can be used to help growers make better management decisions that allows them to grow more, higher quality food with fewer land and water resources.
- How can a mobile field robot make a difference.
- Armed with this data, the farmer can act by using a robot to prune leaves or thin fruit to maintain an optimal balance between leaf area and fruit load.
Sensors, artificial intelligence and robotics come together in this mobile field robot to help growers, farmers and breeders make better decisions about growing food that uses less resources like land and water.
@evankirstel: How #Sensors, #Robotics And #ArtificialIntelligence Will Transform #Agriculture
Quote of the Day
Part of making good decisions in business is recognizing the poor decisions you’ve made and why they were poor.