- Tapping into the power of artificial intelligence (AI), the app provides these services while factoring in variables like weather, local context and user preferences.
- Walk and Explore uses IBM Watson services to customize experiences, considering factors like the user’s age, gender and travel interests.
- If you’re a family traveling with children, the app will cater to your travel experience differently than, for example, it would for three female college-student travelers.
- The result is more engaging and customized travel experiences for tourists, and a new means by which tourism service providers can reach their target audience.
- Artificial intelligence makes our app, and the travel experiences it helps plan, personalized and unique.
Walk and Explore is a smart mobile application using IBM Watson services to help travelers customize experiences, based on their age, gender and interests.
@IBMWatson: #ICYMI: Planning your next trip? #AI can help you travel like a local. Learn more:
Share this post:
From the very beginning, my partners and I at Walk and Explore knew that artificial intelligence would help us create something totally different from what already existed in the travel marketplace.
Travel can expose you to new and amazing experiences. Yet, despite the best laid plans, if you’re new to somewhere these experiences can be hit or miss. Unfamiliar with your surroundings, you can unknowingly bypass an amazing restaurant or memorable local festival. Unaware of local holidays, you can show up to a museum on a day that it’s closed. Or bad weather may ruin your day’s plan for a hike.
Walk and Explore is a smart mobile application that helps avoid missed opportunities and enables users to make the best of their travel experiences. In addition to tourism details, the app provides interesting stories about the city that you’re visiting, and allows you to plan activities and create to-do lists to get the most out of your trip.
Tapping into the power of artificial intelligence (AI), the app provides these services while factoring in variables like weather, local context and user preferences. It also has a gaming element that integrates trivia and challenges to add an extra layer of experience to trips.
Walk and Explore uses IBM Watson services to customize experiences, considering factors like the user’s age, gender and travel interests. It creates personalized activity agendas that users can modify to their liking. Over time,…