- The chip giant is betting that machine learning is going to be a big deal in the data center.
- “There is far more data being given off by these machines than people can possibly sift through,” Waxman said.
- The chip giant isn’t actually saying how much it is paying, but a source with knowledge of the deal said it is valued at around $408 million.
- “There’s always a next wave,” Waxman said, noting that corporate computing has already gone from mainframes to client-server and now on to cloud computing. “
- Intel is snapping up deep learning startup Nervana Systems in a huge bet that artificial intelligence represents the next big shift inside corporate data centers.
Read the full article, click here.
@Recode: “Intel is paying at least $350 million to buy deep-learning startup Nervana Systems”
The chip giant is betting that machine learning is going to be a big deal in the data center.
Intel is paying more than $400 million to buy deep-learning startup Nervana Systems