- From First Principles With Pure Python and
Use them on Real-World Datasets
You must understand algorithms to get good at machine learning.
- In this mega Ebook written in the friendly Machine Learning Mastery style that you’re used to, finally cut through the math and learn exactly how machine learning algorithms work.
- I’ve written books on algorithms, won and ranked in the top 10% in machine learning competitions, consulted for startups and spent a long time working on systems for forecasting tropical cyclones.
- (yes I have written tons of code that runs operationally)
I get a lot of satisfaction helping developers get started and get really good at machine learning.
- I teach an unconventional top-down and results-first approach to machine learning where we start by working through tutorials and problems, then later wade into theory as we need it.
Discover How to Code Machine Algorithms
From First Principles With Pure Python and
Use them on Real-World Datasets
You must understand algorithms t…
Continue reading “Book: Machine Learning Algorithms From Scratch”
- (Yicai Global) July 20 — China’s technology giant Lenovo and e-commerce behemoth JD.Com have signed a strategic cooperation agreement on artificial intelligence (AI) and Big Data, covering multiple fields including consumer preferences.
- Com, also revealed that the JD.Com’s drone delivery business has gradually reached its targets.
- JD.Com signed a drone delivery agreement with the local governments of northern China’s Shaanxi and southwestern Sichuan provinces.
- The company has started to set up an unmanned warehouse in Beijing to be completed by November next year.
- Liu said JD.Com will also explore self-driving truck business.
China’s technology giant Lenovo and e-commerce behemoth JD.Com have signed a strategic cooperation agreement on artificial intelligence (AI) and Big Data, covering multiple fields including consumer preferences. Both companies announced the deal during the Lenovo Tech World held today.
Continue reading “Lenovo, JD.Com Ink Strategic Cooperation Agreement on AI, Big Data”
- With the newfound ability to order food, order a ride, or utilize online banking all through different apps on a cell phone, the hospitality and food services, transportation, and financial services are some of the main sectors of business impacted so far.
- LinkedIn Senior Financial editor Walden Siew says automation is altering the landscape of the financial services industry for the long haul.
- Siew says that according to a recent LinkedIn survey, “One in three retail bankers were concerned about automation displacing their jobs or aspects of their jobs, while the ratio was about one in four for the wider financial services professionals.”
- “We’ll see more traditional banks such as JPMorgan and Goldman Sachs hire digital bankers to build startup units like Marcus within the mother ship to offer alternative financial services to reach non-traditional clients” Siew said.
- The study reported that, “Financial advisors/wealth managers lead the charge on thinking that there will always be demand for traditional financial services, whereas interest in fintech will rise and fall (43% compared to 29% overall).”
As technology continues to advance and change the way we complete daily tasks, robots have begun to threaten job security across myriad industries.
Continue reading “Are Robots on track to become your banker?”
- It is about designing algorithms that can make robots intelligent, such a face recognition techniques used in drones to detect and target terrorists, or pattern recognition / computer vision algorithms to automatically pilot a plane, a train, a boat or a car.
- Many deep learning algorithms (clustering, pattern recognition, automated bidding, recommendation engine, and so on) — even though they appear in new contexts such as IoT or machine to machine communication — still rely on relatively old-fashioned techniques such as logistic regression, SVM, decision trees, K-NN, naive Bayes, Bayesian modeling, ensembles, random forests, signal processing, filtering, graph theory, gaming theory, and many others.
- Some are new, such as indexation algorithms to automate digital publishing, improve search engines, or create and manage large catalogs such as Amazon’s product listing.
- Example of deep learning algorithms for clustering
As a result, many deep learning practitioners call themselves data scientist, computer scientist, statistician, or sometimes engineer.
- Below are some resources to help you get started with deep learning: articles on this topic started to appear in large numbers around 2015, though many date back to before 1990.
Deep learning is sometimes referred to as the intersection between machine learning and artificial intelligence. It is about designing algorithms that can make…
Continue reading “Deep Learning: Definition, Resources, Comparison with Machine Learning”
- A team of researchers at Rutgers University in New Jersey and Facebook’s AI Lab in California are using AI to create a new system for generating art.
- With this in mind, GAN works to create new styles that evoke a profound human response, perhaps understanding the idea Anthony Bourdain shared in an interview with Crave: “To me, in a perfect work, art causes the people who look at it to run out in the street and get into fistfights over whether its art or not.”
- The second set of human works featured a selection of 25 paintings exhibited at Art Basel 2016.
- “Being shown in Art Basel 2016 is an indication that these are art works at the frontiers of human creativity in paintings, at least as judged by the art experts and the art market,” the researchers determined.
- The experiment continued by testing perception and arousal, asking if participants could determine if the works of art were intentional, if they could see the visual structure of the work, if they felt the works communicated with them, and if they felt inspired and elevated by their interactions with the art.
A new AI program creates new styles of art that some prefer to that of humans.
Continue reading “Artificial Intelligence Laboratory Invents New Styles of Art”
- However, to achieve high accuracy, the training sets need to be large, diverse, and accurately annotated, which is costly.
- An alternative to labelling huge amounts of data is to use synthetic images from a simulator.
- This is cheap as there is no labeling cost, but the synthetic images may not be realistic enough, resulting in poor generalization on real test images.
- We show that training models on these refined images leads to significant improvements in accuracy on various machine learning tasks.
- Read the article View the article “Improving the Realism of Synthetic Images”
Most successful examples of neural nets today are trained with supervision. However, to achieve high accuracy, the training sets need to be large, diverse, and accurately annotated, which is costly. An alternative to labelling huge amounts of data is to use synthetic images from a simulator. This is cheap as there is no labeling cost, but the synthetic images may not be realistic enough, resulting in poor generalization on real test images. To help close this performance gap, we’ve developed a method for refining synthetic images to make them look more realistic. We show that training models on these refined images leads to significant improvements in accuracy on various machine learning tasks.
Continue reading “Apple Machine Learning Journal”
- Machine learning is one of the fastest growing areas of computer science, with far-reaching applications.
- The aim of this textbook is to introduce machine learning, and the algorithmic paradigms it offers, in a principled way.
- The book provides an extensive theoretical account of the fundamental ideas underlying machine learning and the mathematical derivations that transform these principles into practical algorithms.
- These include a discussion of the computational complexity of learning and the concepts of convexity and stability; important algorithmic paradigms including stochastic gradient descent, neural networks, and structured output learning; and emerging theoretical concepts such as the PAC-Bayes approach and compression-based bounds.
- Designed for an advanced undergraduate or beginning graduate course, the text makes the fundamentals and algorithms of machine learning accessible to students and non-expert readers in statistics, computer science, mathematics, and engineering.
Here are three eBooks available for free.
Edited by Abdelhamid Mellouk and Abdennacer Chebira
Machine Learning can be defined in various ways…
Continue reading “Free Machine Learning eBooks”