- “I think in the next 30 years, people will only work four hours a day and maybe four days a week,” Ma said Tuesday during a CNBC interview at the Gateway ’17 Conference.
- We work eight hours, five days a week and think we are very busy.”
- The Chinese billionaire also addressed the rise of artificial intelligence, advocating that machines shouldn’t be made to replicate human behavior.
- “I don’t think we should make machines like humans,” Ma said.
- “The third technology revolution may cause the Third World War,” Ma told CNBC.
Alibaba founder Jack Ma thinks artificial intelligence will revolutionize the work week, and make it shorter for humans
Continue reading “Jack Ma: Artificial Intelligence Will Bring a Four-Day Week”
- In a pathbreaking paper published last week, DeepMind revealed fresh inroads towards the creation of an artificial general intelligence that uses spatial reasoning – what might be likened to the holy grail of computer science and the source of interminable angst for Stephen Hawking and Elon Musk.
- The focus of the DeepMind paper concerns spatial reasoning, in particular the ability to grasp the relation of objects to each other.
- The first thing to understand when attempting to parse this latest breakthrough from DeepMind is the difference between narrow artificial intelligence and AGI (Artificial General Intelligence).
- While this is no doubt an important part of human intelligence, allowing us to master games like chess and for a doctor to read an x-ray and diagnose a bone fracture, among many other things, it’s by no means the whole story.
- It turns out pattern matching is just one algorithm within a large tool chest of algorithms that make up general intelligence.
In a pathbreaking paper published last week, DeepMind revealed fresh inroads towards the creation of an artificial general intelligence. …
Continue reading “AI Acquires Spatial Reasoning Abilities, in a Victory for Our Machine Overlords”
- The founder of Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba, Jack Ma, is warning artificial intelligence will replace human workers, but it will never replace human wisdom.
- “Artificial intelligence may take a lot of jobs away.
- If small businesses can’t survive, we can’t survive,” said Ma, speaking in Detroit at the Gateway 17 conference for entrepreneurs.
- So I don’t think the machine — the artificial intelligence — is gonna replace the wisdom,” he said.
- During the conference, Ma repeated his prediction last week that Alibaba will be worth more than the world’s fifth-largest economy by 2036, bigger than the economies of France or the United Kingdom.
The founder of Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba, Jack Ma, is warning artificial intelligence will replace human workers, but it will never replace human wisdom.
Continue reading “Jack Ma warns about dangers of artificial intelligence — RT Business”
- Alibaba’s chairman and founder, Jack Ma, thinks that new technologies could be a threat to more than just jobs.
- During an interview with CNBC’s David Faber on Wednesday, Ma said that new technologies like machine learning and artificial intelligence could lead to the third World War.
- “The first technology revolution caused World War I,” Ma told CNBC.
- “The third technology revolution may cause the Third World War,” Ma told CNBC at the Gateway 2017 conference.
- In his estimation, the first World War came on the heels of upheaval caused by the Industrial Revolution which shuffled the economic fortunes of different nations and classes leading to conflict, and similar technologies helped lead to World War II.
Jack Ma thinks that a lot of people could lose their jobs to automation in the coming years, and this could be a serious geopolitical issue.
Continue reading “Jack Ma: Artificial intelligence, machine learning may cause World War III”
- Short Bytes: In recent times, the demand for machine learning and data science experts has witnessed an exponential growth.
- So, what programming languages should one learn to land a machine learning or data science job?
- Python and R were included as they are known to be popular for machine learning and data science.
- We also see that in the past couple of years, there’s a sharp increase in the popularity of these languages in machine learning and data science’s context.
Short Bytes: In recent times, the demand for machine learning and data science experts has witnessed an exponential growth. So, what programming languages should one learn to land a machine learning or data science job? The answer lies in the languages like Python, R, and Java.
Continue reading “Most Popular Programming Languages For Machine Learning And Data Science”
- Baidu Will Convene a Conference of 4,000 AI Developers in July
(Yicai Global) June 21 — Chinese internet behemoth Baidu Inc. [NASDAQ: BIDU] will hold an artificial intelligence developer conference, Baidu Create 2017, at Beijing National Convention Center on July 5, Chinanews.com reported.
- Baidu unveiled its new open-source autonomous driving platform, Apollo, at Auto Shanghai show on April 19, and it plans to disclose details of the project for the first time to the Beijing conference.
- Robbin Li, its founder and chief executive and group president and chief operations officer Lu Qi will talk about the development strategy and technology solutions for the open AI platform at the event, per information shown on the conference website (Create.baidu.com), saying that they will be joined by Baidu’s leading AI technology developers and scientists.
- The Beijing-based tech firm will debut to the public its entire AI technology system, including basic modules such as voice, image, natural language processing and Big Data user profiling, as well as emerging applied technologies ranging from automated driving and operating system based on man-machine interaction with intelligent cloud computing.
- Baidu plans to hold an AI developer conference every summer in future.
Chinese internet behemoth Baidu Inc. [NASDAQ: BIDU] will hold an artificial intelligence developer conference, Baidu Create 2017, at Beijing National Convention Center on July 5, Chinanews.com reported.
Continue reading “Baidu Will Convene a Conference of 4,000 AI Developers in July”
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) is already in use on search engines and has been so for the past few years.
- RankBrain, which is part of Google, is an AI system that is used quite prominently in ranking websites for search engine results.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO), which is still the primary means of passive marketing on the internet, has already been affected by AI in a powerful way.
- This is because the content will match to a greater degree the user’s known interest as opposed to just keywords or key phrases.
- However, the way search engine rankings will be affected over the foreseeable future will change regardless of how the advances in AI turn out.
Clear And Unbiased Facts About Impact Of Artificial Intelligence on Future of SEO (Without All the Hype). Happy reading.
Continue reading “The Truth About Impact of Artificial Intelligence on SEO In 3 Minutes”