Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a science and a set of computational technologies that are inspired by—but typically operate quite differently from—the ways people use their nervous systems and bodies to sense, learn, reason, and take action. While the rate of progress in AI has been patchy and unpredictable, there have been significant advances since the field’s inception sixty years ago…
Toby Walsh, Professor Artificial Intelligence, University of NSW Sydney “There’s lots of AI already in our lives. You can already see it on your smartphone every time you use Siri, every time you ask a lexer a question, every time you actually use your satellite navigation. You are using one of these algorithms. You are using some AI that’s recognizing your speech, answering questions, giving you search results recommending books for you to buy on Amazon. They’re the beginnings of AI everywhere in our lives.”
Continue reading “The Artificial Intelligence Race: The AI Documentary”
Designers might no longer have to rely on front-end developers to turn their user interface mockups into source code – courtesy of artificial intelligence.
Continue reading “This app uses artificial intelligence to turn design mockups into source code”
- Scientists at the Oxford University have claimed to develop a new computer software program that can lip-read better than humans, which might give the hearing impaired a helping hand.
- The new artificial intelligence (AI) software system called “Watch, Attend and Spell (WAS)” has been developed by Oxford University in collaboration with Google’s DeepMind.
- The AI system correctly lip-read 50 percent of silent speech, while professional lip-readers got only 12 percent right, researchers found.
- Speaking on the tech’s core value, Jesal Vishnuram, Action on Hearing Loss Technology Research Manager, said: “Action on Hearing Loss welcomes the development of new technology that helps people who are deaf or have a hearing loss to have better access to television through superior real-time subtitling.
- AI lip-reading technology would be able to enhance the accuracy and speed of speech-to-text especially in noisy environments and we encourage further research in this area and look forward to seeing new advances being made.”
Researchers develop an AI software system that lip-reads better Scientists at the Oxford University have claimed to develop a new computer software program
Continue reading “Researchers Build An AI That’s Better At Reading Lips Than Humans » TechWorm”
Bloomberg Links requires you to be logged in to the Bloomberg Terminal. If the link did not open, please check
if you are logged in before launching again.
Continue reading “Launch Bloomberg Links”
- Posted by Carse Peel in categories: food , robotics/AI
- But after chatting with Zo for a while, the bot seemed to get easily confused and go off tangent.
- The bot could even use puns, such as ‘I want a pizza that action’, when chatting about food.
- The chatbot can answer questions and respond to prompts, while using teenage slang, and emoji.
- Cool places Ark I Blue Beauty EM Launch GETAS Nuclear Terrorist Official Song Educational Books Brochure Coursework Educational Videos Fellows Grants Interviews Press Releases Resources RSS Tutorial Scholarships Twitter Feed University Outreach Videos What’s New World News
Microsoft launches its latest artificial intelligence chatbot on Kik
Continue reading “Microsoft launches its latest artificial intelligence chatbot on Kik”
- A computer enemy is learning how to win virtual wars
- The Starcraft games always shipped with programming that allowed human players to try their hand against automated rivals, but while that AI was toggled to a different difficulty setting, the game was generally the same each time.
- No, today Blizzard, the makers of Starcraft and its successors, are opening up the game to an AI that learns .
- Starcraft is a game that’s simple to pick up, but takes a tremendous amount of practice to master.
- The first game and its expansion defined a generation of videogames-as-sports, and the latest incarnations are still played at the highest level.
AI is going to learn how to war in video games.
Continue reading “Blizzard Opens Up Starcraft To Google’s DeepMind AI”
- 1:42 AM The last-ever Japanese VCRs will be made this month
- 5:00 PM the map can show the exact location of every pokémon around you
- 8:00 AM The best portable Bluetooth speaker you can buy
- 7:30 AM First Click: A Pokémon Go dating app makes perfect sense
- 1:18 PM Watch this incredibly retro commercial for Nintendo’s new mini NES
Read the full article, click here.
@verge: “Google’s new Bubble Zoom feature will make reading comics on your phone easier”
San Diego Comic-Con is officially in full swing, and Google is getting in on the action with a new feature meant for comics fans. The company just announced that Google Play Books now supports a…
Google’s new Bubble Zoom feature will make reading comics on your phone easier