- An early computer rendering of Zoox’s Boz sports car, in which passengers face each other as the car drives itself.
- IHS Automotive has predicted that by 2025 there will be 300,000 self-driving cars and just as many driverless vehicles on the road; by 2030, there will be 2.2 million self-driving and driverless cars on the road; and by 2035, there will be 11 million self-driving and 10 million driverless vehicles in operation.
- is not a self-driving car any more than the automobile is a horseless carriage.
- As the auto industry races toward shipping fully autonomous vehicles, self-driving technology startups have become attractive acquisition targets for traditional automakers and others.
- Ford Motor Co. plans to begin mass producing a fully autonomous vehicle by 2021 that it will sell for ride-hailing markets such as Uber.
Zoox Labs, a two-year old Silicon Valley autonomous vehicle start-up, just raised another $50 million in investment funding, which skyrocketed the company’s market value to $1.5 billion even before it’s shipped a single car.
Continue reading “Self-driving car startup now valued at $1.5B”