- Apple couldn’t miss out on this opportunity if it wants to hire some of the best AI engineers.
- Apple aims to up its AI smarts with iCloud user data in iOS 10.3
- The Partnership on AI could also be a great lobbying tool, proving that tech companies are acting responsibly.
- The Partnership on AI was officially unveiled back in September 2016 .
- While the Partnership on AI has to clarify its areas of work, you can expect to see research papers on AI.
Following Bloomberg’s report, the Partnership on AI to Benefit People and Society (what a name) officially announced that Apple is joining other tech..
Continue reading “Apple joins Amazon, Facebook, Google, IBM and Microsoft in AI initiative”
- The Board of Trustees will provide direction and oversee the general activities of the Partnership on AI.
- Today, we are announcing the inaugural Board of Trustees, the board that oversees the Partnership on AI.
- Apple has joined the Partnership on AI as a founding member.
- The first meeting of the Board of Trustees is taking place on Friday, February 3rd in San Francisco.
- Diversity of thought across the organization is crucial to ensure that we effectively explore and address the influences of AI on people and society, provide guidance on AI best practices, and seek to advance the public’s understanding of AI.
It has been rewarding and energizing to see all of the enthusiastic support about the Partnership on AI to Benefit People and Society (Partnership on AI) following our announcement in September. In the months since then, we’ve been working with colleagues and partners from a range of disciplines to build out a robust multi-stakeholder organization and to formulate directions for forthcoming research programs and activities. Today we have some important updates to share.
Continue reading “Partnership on AI Update”
- ‘There’s an urgency to ensure that AI benefits society and minimises harm,’ said LinkedIn founder Hoffman.
- LinkedIn and eBay founders Reid Hoffman and Pierre Omidyar donate $10m each to the Ethics and Governance of Artificial Intelligence Fund
- The fund is one of many new bodies aimed at shaping the future of AI in a positive – or, at least, thoughtful – direction.
- The founders of LinkedIn and eBay are donating a combined $20m (£16.4m) to fund academic research aimed at ensuring the safety of artificial intelligences.
- LinkedIn’s founder Reid Hoffman and the Omidyar network, the philanthropic investment firm set up by eBay founder Pierre Omidyar, are donating $10m each to the Ethics and Governance of Artificial Intelligence Fund, which will distribute money to researchers working on the tough ethical problems raised by AI.
Reid Hoffman and Pierre Omidyar are donating $10m each to the Ethics and Governance of Artificial Intelligence Fund, to help tackle ethical problems of AI
Continue reading “Tech billionaires donate $20m to fund set up to protect society from AI”