- You need to be a member of Data Science Central to add comments!
- If you have been following Data Science / Machine Learning, you just can’t miss the buzz around Deep Learning and Neural Networks.
- The article on an introduction to implementing neural networks using TensorFlow, was posted by Faizan Shaikh.
- Starting with the article, I will write a series of articles on deep learning covering the popular Deep Learning libraries and their hands-on implementation.
- Although the code in this article is in python, I have focused on the concepts and stayed as language-agnostic as possible.
This article on an introduction to implementing neural networks using TensorFlow, was posted by Faizan Shaikh. Faizan is a Data Science enthusiast and a Deep l…
Continue reading “An Introduction to Implementing Neural Networks using TensorFlow”
- One of the report’s recommendations is to increase collaboration between government and industry on AI research: “AI can be a major driver of economic growth and social progress, if industry, civil society, government, and the public work together to support development of the technology
- Hard on the heels of the White House’s new report about artificial intelligence’s potential to address major societal challenges, NVIDIA will be holding Washington’s largest ever AI conference.
- The timing is right for policymakers and AI experts to meet, following yesterday’s White House report concluding that “AI has the potential to help address some of the biggest challenges that society faces” and recommending increased funding in AI research to fuel economic growth.
- The report, Preparing for the Future of Artificial Intelligence , published by the National Science and Technology Council, notes that “the effectiveness of government itself is being increased as agencies build their capacity to use AI to carry out their missions more quickly, responsively and efficiently.”
- GTC DC will feature some of the most prominent leaders in government and industry when it takes place Oct. 26-27, at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington.
Hard on the heels of the White House’s new report about artificial intelligence’s potential to address major societal challenges, NVIDIA will be holding Washington’s largest ever AI conference.
Continue reading “Major AI Conference Set for Washington, Following White House AI Report”
- Established to study and formulate best practices on AI technologies, to advance the public’s understanding of AI, and to serve as an open platform for discussion and engagement about AI and its influences on people and society.
- To advance public understanding and awareness of AI and its potential benefits and potential costs to act as a trusted and expert point of contact as questions/concerns arise from the public and others in the area of AI and to regularly update key constituents on the current state of AI progress.
- The engagement of AI users and developers, as well as representatives of industry sectors that may be impacted by AI (such as healthcare, financial services, transportation, commerce, manufacturing, telecommunications, and media) to support best practices in the research, development, and use of AI technology within specific domains.
- In support of the mission to benefit people and society, the Partnership on AI intends to conduct research, organize discussions, share insights, provide thought leadership, consult with relevant third parties, respond to questions from the public and media, and create educational material that advance the understanding of AI technologies including machine perception, learning, and automated reasoning.
- The regular engagement of experts across multiple disciplines (including but not limited to psychology, philosophy, economics, finance, sociology, public policy, and law) to discuss and provide guidance on emerging issues related to the impact of AI on society.
Established to study and formulate best practices on AI technologies, to advance the public’s understanding of AI, and to serve as an open platform for discussion and engagement about AI and its influences on people and society.
Continue reading “Partnership on Artificial Intelligence to Benefit People and Society”
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella lays out 10 Laws of AI (and Human Behavior)
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella lays out his vision for ethical AI research.
- AI needs algorithmic accountability so humans can undo unintended harm.
- The essay also comes amid a debate over whether AI could pose a “Terminator”-level threat to humanity’s long-term future.
- Microsoft changing Windows 10 update prompt following complaints
Read the full article, click here.
@ID_R_McGregor: “Isaac Asimov had 3 laws, but Microsoft requires 10.
Good luck with #3.
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella draws up six “musts” for the coming revolution in artificial intelligence, plus four musts for the humans living in the AI age.
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella lays out 10 Laws of AI (and Human Behavior)
- This “framework” makes it so that a “human operator” can easily and safely interrupt whatever an AI robot is doing.
- Disobeying you would be one of the very few things these AI agents can’t learn.
- Google making it possible to securely stop AI robots from causing harm
- I am not too freaked out by the idea of a robot apocalypse, but I do say having a kill switch is necessary.
- And because the agents can also learn, DeepMind is making sure the AI can’t learn to prevent interruption.
Read the full article, click here.
@AndroidAuth: “#google making it possible to securely stop #ai robots from causing harm”
Worried about the robot apocalypse? Some may think it’s nothing to worry about, but Google is making sure we can stop AI agents from making bad decisions.
Google making it possible to securely stop AI robots from causing harm