- Scientist Are Making Rules to Abjure AI from Taking over the World
With AI technology advancing progressively at a flashing pace, a group of United Kingdom scientist are calling for more transparency, and accountably in Artificial Intelligence prior to it becoming too late.
- One of the suggestions that was placed by the researchers is the idea of having a set of guidelines that address robotics, artificial intelligence, and decision-making algorithms as a group.
- Additionally, the researchers also recognize that adding in more transparency into Artificial Intelligence systems can adversely affect the AI’s performance.
- This is not the first time these researchers have castigated current artificial intelligence rules.
- In January of this year, in response to the General Data Protection Regulation that was constructed by The European Union, the researchers called for an artificial intelligence watch dog.
Scientist Are Making Rules to Abjure AI from Taking over the World
Continue reading “DailyTech”
- We’ll stick to playing rock-paper-scissors with AI, but all of this is leading to some serious visibility for AI as an emerging technology – which as investors make us want to get some skin in the game.
- The recent news that artificial intelligence (AI) startup Afiniti may have confidentially filed for IPO was the first time that we started to feel like this thing might be revving up for real now.
- It wasn’t just because this would be the first pure-play AI startup to see an IPO, it was because we really couldn’t believe how effective Afiniti’s technology was in adding value.
- Secondly we’re also seeing a very large number of AI startups getting into the game (over 1,500) which is the same sort of pile-on mentality we saw in the dot-com era.
- Now you just add a tagline to that same website that says “powered by AI” and now you’re an “AI company”.
If you’ve played Texas Hold’em, then you know how tough it is to be a good poker player. Lots of venture capitalists like to play poker, so it wasn’t surprising to see one who thought to himself “let’s see how good artificial intelligence (AI) really is“. He consulted a team of engineers and computer scientists to see where they might be able to exploit the AI agent named Lengpudashi. They then played 36,000 hands over 5 days and the AI agent kicked the isht out of them. We’ll stick to playing rock-paper-scissors with AI, but all of this is leading to some serious visibility for AI as an emerging technology – which as investors make us want to get some skin in the game. The problem is, there aren’t many ways to do that yet.
Continue reading “Is Artificial Intelligence the Next Dot-Com Bubble?”
- According to IT Pro Portal, a new study, “Getting Smarter by the Day: How AI is Elevating the Performance of Global Companies” from a global consulting group says that’s because AI technology is becoming entrenched into businesses worldwide.
- In the study, Tata Consultancy Services said close to 85 percent of companies around the world view AI as an essential part of being competitive in the marketplace.
- In addition, 50 percent of companies surveyed view AI technology as having a transformative effect on business.
- “As companies begin to gain a better understanding of AI’s application for business, they will realize the significant impact of this transformative force,” said TCS CTO K. Ananth Krishnan.
- “This is reflected in our Global Trend Study, which shows that forward-thinking companies are beginning to make major AI investments.”
Tata Consultancy Services says in a report that 85 percent of companies view AI technology as essential to their operations.
Continue reading “AI technology essential to business, transformative to companies, says report”
- These deep learning algorithms have been used in the autonomous driving industry for quite some time, and only now is it beginning to branch out into other industries, such as online shopping.
- One company that offers machine learning solutions for e-commerce businesses and others is Adobe Marketing Cloud as they recognize the need to make use of AI as early as possible.
- Andrew Zhai is an engineer working on the visual search side of things at Pinterest, and he said, “For shopping specifically, improvements to online discovery means new ways to find products you’re interested in but may not have the words for.
- Etsy is also keen to jump onboard with deep learning technology, and just last fall purchased Blackbird Technologies to integrate the firm image recognition and natural language processing into its search function.
- Some of Adobe’s marketing tools also use deep learning techniques and are used to predict their customer’s shopping behaviors and patterns.
There’s no doubt about it that our future is one that involves artificial intelligence (AI) in a big way. While some companies are faster than others at
Continue reading “Artificial Intelligence Is Changing How We Shop Online”
- MSPs must be sure that the data presented is relevant to the services they provide.
- Artificial Intelligence: Four Tips to Increase Customer Retention
- To improve customer retention, MSPs and their SMB customers need to make sure theyâ re offering something special.
- Implementing 24×7 help desk support with a personal touch is a sure-fire way to increase customer retention and add to the perceived value of a brand.
- For Thomas, AI may also be â the key to avoiding long IVR phone calls , or at least making them much more bearable.â AI technology uses customer data to streamline the process and provide a quick answer to real customer problems.
Artificial intelligence is changing the fundamental ways businesses are executing their digital marketing campaigns and customer retention.
Continue reading “Artificial Intelligence: Four Tips to Increase Customer Retention”
- Terah Lyons is a Policy Advisor to the U.S. Chief Technology Officer in White House Office of Science and Technology Policy.
- Ed Felten is a Deputy U.S Chief Technology Officer in the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy.
- Today, to ready the United States for a future in which Artificial Intelligence (AI) plays a growing role, the White House is releasing a report on future directions and considerations for AI called Preparing for the Future of Artificial Intelligence .
- Advances in AI technology hold incredible potential to help America stay on the cutting edge of innovation.
- Preparing for the Future of Artificial Intelligence details several policy opportunities raised by AI, including how the technology can be used to advance social good and improve government operations; how to adapt regulations that affect AI technologies, such as automated vehicles, in a way that encourages innovation while protecting the public; how to ensure that AI applications are fair, safe, and governable; and how to develop a skilled and diverse AI workforce.
Under President Obama’s leadership, America continues to be the world’s most innovative country, with the greatest potential to develop the industries of the future and harness science and technology to help address important challenges. Over the past 8 years, President Obama has relentlessly focused on building U.S. capacity in science and technology. This Thursday, President Obama will host the White House Frontiers Conference in Pittsburgh to imagine the Nation and the world in 50 years and beyond, and to explore America’s potential to advance towards the frontiers that will make the world healthier, more prosperous, more equitable, and more secure.
Continue reading “The Administration’s Report on the Future of Artificial Intelligence”
- Google DeepMind also recently was able to get its AI systems to sound more human with advanced text-to-speech technology innovations.
- Oxford University researchers partnered with Google on a new AI tool that reads lips, and the results were significant.
- Oxford University and Google DeepMind have built an AI tool that can read lips far better than a professional human lip-reader, which could help the hearing impaired.
- Google DeepMind wins again: AI trounces human expert in lip-reading face-off (ZDNet)
- According to a report from New Scientist , the human expert deciphered 12.4% of their words, while the AI system got 46.8% correct.
Oxford University researchers partnered with Google on a new AI tool that reads lips, and the results were significant.
Continue reading “Google DeepMind AI destroys human expert in lip reading competition”