- In case you missed it, there’s a post on Medium by Steven Levy that explains everything you might want to know about how machine learning works at Apple.
- It’s a fascinating account of the Apple Brain, the A.I. hidden inside your iPhone.
- And yes, when Apple buys a company, it is usually doing that to hire the people.
- Is this the new Apple, a company that allows people to get an inside view of what they are doing?
- And we at least get some juicy information, like this line about how the Apple Pencil works with the iPad Pro: “Using a machine learning model for ‘palm rejection’ enabled the screen sensor to detect the difference between a swipe, a touch, and a pencil input with a very high degree of accuracy.”
In case you missed it, there’s a post on Medium by Steven Levy that explains everything you might want to know about how machine learning works at Apple.
Continue reading “How Apple uses machine learning”
- Apple couldn’t miss out on this opportunity if it wants to hire some of the best AI engineers.
- Apple aims to up its AI smarts with iCloud user data in iOS 10.3
- The Partnership on AI could also be a great lobbying tool, proving that tech companies are acting responsibly.
- The Partnership on AI was officially unveiled back in September 2016 .
- While the Partnership on AI has to clarify its areas of work, you can expect to see research papers on AI.
Following Bloomberg’s report, the Partnership on AI to Benefit People and Society (what a name) officially announced that Apple is joining other tech..
Continue reading “Apple joins Amazon, Facebook, Google, IBM and Microsoft in AI initiative”
- Co-authors Robert Scoble and Shel Israel lead a discussion in virtual reality about how technology got us this far and why AR/VR and AI is next
- Scoble and Israel, looking down the path of the future with AR, VR, and AI, also want to remind us: “Something new is .”
- With his first reading, Israel introduced us to the book’s theme by way of its opening sentence – one with a leading clause that sounds particularly familiar. “
- Entrenched in the tech and digital worlds since before DOS was popular, tech evangelist Robert Scoble and prolific writer Shel Israel performed a reading of their newest collaboration, a book entitled The Fourth Transformation: How Augmented Reality (AR) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) Will Change Everything.
- In the beginning,” Israel started, “there were mainframes.
Co-authors Robert Scoble and Shel Israel lead a discussion in virtual reality about how technology got us this far and why AR/VR and AI is next Entrenched in the tech and digital worlds since before…
Continue reading “Something New Is Coming – AltspaceVR – Medium”
- An early computer rendering of Zoox’s Boz sports car, in which passengers face each other as the car drives itself.
- IHS Automotive has predicted that by 2025 there will be 300,000 self-driving cars and just as many driverless vehicles on the road; by 2030, there will be 2.2 million self-driving and driverless cars on the road; and by 2035, there will be 11 million self-driving and 10 million driverless vehicles in operation.
- is not a self-driving car any more than the automobile is a horseless carriage.
- As the auto industry races toward shipping fully autonomous vehicles, self-driving technology startups have become attractive acquisition targets for traditional automakers and others.
- Ford Motor Co. plans to begin mass producing a fully autonomous vehicle by 2021 that it will sell for ride-hailing markets such as Uber.
Zoox Labs, a two-year old Silicon Valley autonomous vehicle start-up, just raised another $50 million in investment funding, which skyrocketed the company’s market value to $1.5 billion even before it’s shipped a single car.
Continue reading “Self-driving car startup now valued at $1.5B”
- Apple acquires Indian machine learning company Tuplejump was last modified: September 23rd, 2016 by applenws
- Apple is increasingly acquiring firms with expertise in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Tuplejump offered software services to companies to store, process, and visualize data.
- Apple has confirmed it has acquired Tuplejump, a small Indian machine learning company with operations in India as well as the United States.
- Though the confirmation of Tuplejump’s acquisition came this week, the deal may have occurred sometime in April.
Apple has confirmed it has acquired Tuplejump, a small Indian machine learning company with operations in India as well as the United States.
Continue reading “Apple acquires Indian machine learning company Tuplejump”
- Apple just bought another company to make Siri better
- Apple has bought Tuplejump, a machine learning…
- Apple continues to buy companies with machine learning expertise.
- ” Apple buys smaller technology companies from time to time, and we generally do not discuss our purpose or plans.”
- Apple confirmed the purchase to TechCrunch with its standard non-denial.Â
Apple has bought Tuplejump, a small machine learning technology company with operations in both India and the United States.
Continue reading “Apple buys Tuplejump, makers of FiloDB”
- South Korean Conglomerate LG Electronics announced that it will heavily invest in robot technology and artificial technology according to a report by Reuters Sunday.
- LG did not elaborate on how much it plans to invest in its push or when it expects to launch robotic products, but the firm said it is exploring a variety of options through the combination of technologies including autonomous driving and artificial intelligence.
- LG, Samsung’s rival, is seeking to take advantage of recent advances in artificial intelligence which have the potential of creating sophisticated machines that can perform mundane everyday human tasks.
- LG Electronics to Heavily Invest Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things (Photo by Jung Yeon Je , Getty Images)
- “We will prepare for the future by aggressively investing in smart home, robots and key components and strengthen the home appliances business’s capabilities,” said Jo Seung-jin, head of LG’s appliances business, in the statement.
South Korean Conglomerate LG Electronics announced that it will heavily invest in robot technology and artificial technology according to a report by Reuters Sunday.
Continue reading “LG Electronics to Heavily Invest on Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things : Tech : koreaportal”