- Scientists at the Oxford University have claimed to develop a new computer software program that can lip-read better than humans, which might give the hearing impaired a helping hand.
- The new artificial intelligence (AI) software system called “Watch, Attend and Spell (WAS)” has been developed by Oxford University in collaboration with Google’s DeepMind.
- The AI system correctly lip-read 50 percent of silent speech, while professional lip-readers got only 12 percent right, researchers found.
- Speaking on the tech’s core value, Jesal Vishnuram, Action on Hearing Loss Technology Research Manager, said: “Action on Hearing Loss welcomes the development of new technology that helps people who are deaf or have a hearing loss to have better access to television through superior real-time subtitling.
- AI lip-reading technology would be able to enhance the accuracy and speed of speech-to-text especially in noisy environments and we encourage further research in this area and look forward to seeing new advances being made.”
Researchers develop an AI software system that lip-reads better Scientists at the Oxford University have claimed to develop a new computer software program
Continue reading “Researchers Build An AI That’s Better At Reading Lips Than Humans » TechWorm”
- “I was on a train about three years ago, going back to my hotel after a business meeting,” 3DSignals CEO Amnon Shenfeld told Digital Trends.
- I had the thought that maybe if there was a train mechanic or engineer sitting on the train, they could tell us if the noise was normal and, if not, where it was coming from and whether it could be safely ignored.”
- Shenfeld said his company never set out to create its own hardware, but had to in order to carry out its mission statement.
- It was the same week that a train had overturned in Spain, injuring a lot of people.
- AI system listens to your engine and tells you if you’re running into problems
An innovative AI startup from Israel is using deep-learning AI technology to listen to machinery and predict whether it’s about to go wrong.
Continue reading “AI Llistens to Your Engine and Tells You if You’re Running into Problems”
- Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
- Read the Kindle edition on any Kindle device or with a free Kindle Reading App .
- You can also see more Kindle MatchBook titles or look up all of your Kindle MatchBook titles .
- Gifting of the Kindle edition at the Kindle MatchBook price is not available.
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #468,850 Paid in Kindle Store ( See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store )
Sorry, we just need to make sure you’re not a robot. For best results, please make sure your browser is accepting cookies.
Continue reading “Robot Check”