- At least a decade ahead of expectations, Demis Hassabis and his team at DeepMind created AlphaGo, a software program that defeated Lee Sedol, one of the world’s best players, at the complex game of Go.
- Demis is one of the leading scientists creating AI breakthroughs, with three Nature papers in the past two years.
- Of equal importance, however, Demis is deeply committed to keeping AI safe.
- Demis has been a leader in establishing ethical guidelines to keep AI accountable.
- If we achieve this vision, it’s likely Demis will have played a large part.
Inventor of intelligence
Continue reading “Demis Hassabis: The World’s 100 Most Influential People”
- Robots Are Making Roads Safer and Less Congested in Africa
- The robot traffic cops work around the clock, are beloved by locals, and they don’t accept bribes.
- Created by Thérèse Izay Kirongozi, a Kinshasa engineer, the robots have rotating chests that enable them to do the job of four traffic lights.
- There is already talk of bringing robot cops to other African intersections.
- When I contemplate the future impact of artificial intelligence on humanity, African roads come to mind.
These robot traffic cops work around the clock, are beloved by locals, and they don’t accept bribes. By Nnedi Okorafor.
Continue reading “Robots Are Making Roads Safer and Less Congested in Africa”
- Bayesian inference is a way to get sharper predictions from your data.
- In brief, Bayesian inference lets you draw stronger conclusions from your data by folding in what you already know about the answer.
- How Bayesian Inference Works: Tutorial
- It’s particularly useful when you don’t have as much data as you would like and want to juice every last bit of predictive strength from it.
- Bayesian inference is based on the ideas of Thomas Bayes, a nonconformist Presbyterian minister in London about 300 years ago.
Guest blog by Brando Rohrer. Brandon is an author and deep learning developer. He has worked as Principal Data Scientist at Microsoft, as well as for DuPont Pi…
Continue reading “How Bayesian Inference Works: Tutorial”
- It was compiled by 101.datascience.community , and broken down by degree (master / bachelor / certificate / doctorate) and location (online / on-site.)
- You need to be a member of Data Science Central to add comments!
- (Hint: use this data science algorithm to find out)
- We will soon publish a list of data science and machine learning courses and data camps, so sign-up with us to receive the most up-to-date information.
- Added by Tim Matteson 0 Comments 2 Likes
Read the full article, click here.
@MikeTamir: “500+ #MachineLearning #DataScience Degrees and Certificates Offered by Universities”
This list was started in 2012, updated in 2014 and also very recently according to the author. It was compiled by 101.datascience.community, and broken down by…
500+ Data Science Degrees and Certificates Offered by Universities