- The blind development of AI automation threatens to destroy humans ability to discover meaningful work.Most discussions around AI focus on how governments are going to maintain employment in the future when job automation is going to be common place.
- More and more jobs are becoming mundane as individuals become slaves to the technology that removes the skill from their practices.Defining meaningful work is difficult.
- Rather:‘Meaningful work is that which actualises human potentials: creativity, autonomy, abilities and talents, identity, sociality’ and is ‘necessary to fulfil a human end or purpose e.g. happiness, self-development and well-being, or personal development’.
- Opposing the pure economics view that work is simply a means to an end, meaningful work is part of the development of the individual.
- But, with considered thought, technology can be used to co-operate with the individual to create meaningful work, not remove it.
The development of Artificial Intelligence (AI) is slowly weaving itself into the fabric of many established industries. In a recent report McKinsey estimated that 60% of todays jobs will have at…
Continue reading “How Artificial Intelligence is Destroying Meaningful Work”
- We are always seeking your feedback and using this to develop our customer service strategy.
- TAKE PART IN OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE
- We value all those who have contact with Understanding Recruitment, whether you’re a candidate, a client or just interested in knowing what we do, we’ll always treat you the same.
- Integration Developer Developer £350.00 – £525.00 per day South East Oxfordshire Integration Developer Location: Oxford Duration: 3 months – likely to extend Daily Rate: £350 – £525 Integration…
Our technical specialists provide complete consultancy services with assignments ranging from: Java, Mobile & Web, DevOps & Cloud, .NET and a Corporate team who can assist with all other areas of technical recruitment.
Continue reading “Understanding Recruitment are a specialist Software and Technology Recruitment Consultancy. With highly motivated Java, DevOps & Cloud, Mobile & Web, .NET and a Corporate Solutions team working in both permanent and contract roles across the UK.”
- Last month, Uber launched a small fleet of self-driving cars in Pittsburg.
- Uber CEO Travis Kalanick talks self-driving cars and Uber’s future at Vanity Fair Summit.
- Discuss: Call an Uber, and soon you’ll get a robot
- As head of Uber, Kalanick is leading the world’s highest valued venture-backed company — valued at $68 billion.
- Uber is one of the world’s largest ride-hailing services but the company’s future holds more, said company CEO Travis Kalanick on Wednesday.
Uber CEO Travis Kalanick talks self-driving cars and Uber’s future at Vanity Fair Summit.
Continue reading “Call an Uber, and soon you’ll get a robot”