- Instead of arguing about Python vs R I will examine the best practices of integrating both languages in one data science project.
- Today, data scientists are generally divided among two languages — some prefer R, some prefer Python.
- Usually algorithms used for classification or regression are implemented in both languages and some scientist are using R while some of them preferring Python.
- Instead of using logistic regression in R we will write Python jobs in which we will try to use random forest as training model.
- py is presented below: – – Also here we are adding code for download necessary R and Python codes from above (clone the Githubrepository): – – Our dependency graph of this data science project look like this: – – Now lets see how it is possible to speed up and simplify…
Instead of arguing about Python vs R I will examine the best practices of integrating both languages in one data science project.
Continue reading “Best practices of orchestrating Python and R code in ML projects”
- Now, however, back offices are beginning to benefit, according to a study from Startupbootcamp InsurTech and PwC to be published today.
- Here are some of the study’s main findings:
However, a big barrier still stands in the way of insurtechs realizing their full potential.
- But Startupbootcamp and PwC’s study found that only 17% of incumbents think they’re good at collaborating with insurtechs, and that many startups find such partnerships “frustrating” and slow.
- Until this obstacle is overcome, insurtechs might struggle to become indispensable partners for legacy players, regardless of the complexity of the problems they decide to tackle.
- Sarah Kocianski, senior research analyst for BI Intelligence, Business Insider’s premium research service, has compiled a detailed report on insurtechs that:
To get the full report, subscribe to an All-Access pass to BI Intelligence and gain immediate access to this report and more than 250 other expertly researched reports.
This story was delivered to BI Intelligence…
Continue reading “Insurtech is targeting the back office”
- Industry experts are predicting that the combination of Machine learning and hence AI and Internet of Things (IoT) will be the new technological era setter and the businesses, startups, governments etc. will invest huge numbers in the same.
- I am addicted to this game, and I realized that the particular game is the best way to narrate “What Machine Learning is” with a Layman’s level of knowledge.
- Let’s see Paper Toss example in Machine and Non-Machine Learning approach.
- Now, if you add the wind flow using a fan in the system, the system will continuously miss the target because the force and the angle of projection are pre-set using a formula that works only for a particular condition.
- The most accepted technical definition of Machine Learning is
“A computer program is said to learn from experience E with respect to some task T and some performance measure P, if its performance on T, as measured by P, improves with experience E.” — Tom Mitchell, Carnegie Mellon University.
Machine Learning A Laymans Understanding.
Continue reading “Machine Learning In Laymen’s Terms”
- Try Deep Learning in Python now with a fully pre-configured VMI love to write about face recognition, image recognition and all the other cool things you can build with machine learning.
- If you aren’t a long-time Linux user, it can be really hard to figure out how to get a system fully configured with all the required machine learning libraries and tools like TensorFlow, Theano, Keras, OpenCV, and dlib.
- To make it simple for anyone to play around with machine learning, I’ve put together a simple virtual machine image that you can download and run without any complicated installation steps.The virtual machine image has Ubuntu Linux Desktop 16.04 LTS 64-bit pre-installed with the following machine learning tools:Python 3.5OpenCV 3.2 with Python 3 bindingsdlib 19.4 with Python 3 bindingsTensorFlow 1.0 for Python 3Keras 2.0 for Python 3Theanoface_recognition for Python 3 (for playing around with face recognition)PyCharm Community Edition already set up and ready to go for all these librariesConvenient code examples ready to run, right on the desktop!Even the webcam is preconfigured to work inside the Linux VM for OpenCV / face_recognition examples (as long as you set up your webcam to be accessible in the VMware settings).
- So don’t the VirtualBox version unless you don’t have any other choice.You need VMware to run this virtual machine image.
- Right-click on the code window and choose “Run” to run the current file in PyCharm.If you configure your webcam in VMware settings, you can access your webcam from inside the Linux virtual machine!
I love to write about face recognition, image recognition and all the other cool things you can build with machine learning. Whenever possible, I try to include code examples or even write libraries…
Continue reading “Try Deep Learning in Python now with a fully pre-configured VM”
- In its quest to meet and exceed the challenges of the future, the US Air Force has been increasingly looking to unmanned systems — and a recent test proved that an unmanned F-16 can now think and fight on its own.
- The US has used F-16 drones before as realistic targets for the F-35 to blow up in training, but on Monday it announced fully autonomous air-to-air and ground strike capabilities as a new capability thanks to joint research between the service and Lockheed Martin’s legendary Skunkworks.
- Not only did the F-16 drone figure out the best way to get there and execute a ground strike mission by itself, it was interrupted by an air threat, responded, and kept going.
- “We’ve not only shown how an Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle can perform its mission when things go as planned, but also how it will react and adapt to unforeseen obstacles along the way,” said Capt. Andrew Petry of the Air Force Research Laboratory in a Lockheed Martin statement.
- The future of the US Air Force may well depend on advanced platforms like F-35s commanding fleets of unmanned drones which can act as additional ears, eyes, and shooters in the sky during battles.
“We’ve not only shown how an [F-16 drone] can perform its mission when things go as planned, but also how it will react and adapt to unforeseen obstacles”
Continue reading “The Air Force just demonstrated an autonomous F-16 that can fly and take out a target all by itself”
- There’s little denying that the continued advancement of AI will be an important part of our future, and companies like Samsung will be a big part of this push forward, at least if the latest claim proves correct.
- A new report from The Korea Herald indicates Samsung is considering the creation of a $1 billion fund to invest in the future of artificial intelligence.
- The unnamed source is a Samsung official from the USA, claiming this money is to be used towards AI tech company acquisitions and investments in stakes.
- This report seems to imply Samsung sees great potential in the future of AI.
- This would make sense, as it has already been reported Samsung is open to working with google on AI, as well as investing in its own artificial intelligence services.
While many worry about artificial intelligence, Samsung believes it could be an important part of the future. Or at least that is what the latest rumors suggest.
Continue reading “Samsung could be investing $1 billion into artificial intelligence”
- The online version of the book is now complete and will remain available online for free.
- No, our contract with MIT Press forbids distribution of too easily copied electronic formats of the book.
- It’s intended to discourage unauthorized copying/editing of the book.
- The deep learning textbook can now be pre-ordered on Amazon .
The Deep Learning textbook is a resource intended to help students
and practitioners enter the field of machine learning in general
and deep learning in particular.
The online version of the book is now complete and will remain
available online for free.
Continue reading “Deep Learning”
- Facebook’s AI search lets you find images by content
- The system will then show you all the images containing a black shirt and save you a lot of time you would have otherwise wasted trying to find the right image yourself.
- For example, if you’re looking for a photo that isn’t tagged but you remember you were wearing a black shirt when it was taken, simply search for “black shirt photo”.
- The new AI system uses the Lumos platform that the company built specifically for image and video understanding.
- The best way to stay connected to the Android pulse.
Facebook has built an AI image search system that is capable of seeing and understanding the content of a photo.
Continue reading “Facebook’s AI search lets you find images by content”
- I lead the Machine Learning Team at Udacity.
- Never miss a story from Udacity Inc , when you sign up for Medium.
- It’s the best way to learn everything you need to know to become a successful Machine Learning Engineer!
- We hope to see you in our classroom soon, but in the meantime, please enjoy the videos we’ve provided!
- Then consider enrolling in our Machine Learning Nanodegree program .
Interested in Machine Learning? Then we invite you to check out this very friendly introduction we made at Udacity! Want to learn more? There are actually 19 videos included in this playlist…
Continue reading “Interested in Machine Learning? – Udacity Inc – Medium”