- In the final months of the Obama administration, the U.S. government published two separate reports noting that the U.S. is no longer the undisputed world leader in AI innovation and expressing concern about China’s emergence as a major player in the field.
- The reports recommended increased expenditure on machine learning research and enhanced collaboration between the U.S. government and tech industry leaders to unlock the potential of AI.
- But despite these efforts, 91 percent of the 1,268 tech founders, CEOs, investors, and developers surveyed at the international Collision tech conference in New Orleans in May 2017 believed that the U.S. government is “fatally under-prepared” for the impact of AI on the U.S. ecosystem.
- Research firm CB Insights found that Chinese participation in funding rounds for American startups came close to $10 billion in 2016, while recent figures indicate that Chinese companies have invested in 51 U.S. AI companies, to the tune of $700 million.
- But of further surprise was the 50 percent of all respondents who believed the U.S. would lose its dominant position in the tech world to China within just five years.
In the battle of technological innovation between East and West, artificial intelligence (AI) is on the front line. And China’s influence is growing.
Continue reading “Is China in the driver’s seat when it comes to AI?”
- Want to get started on data science?
- This book has been written in layman’s terms as a gentle introduction to data science and its algorithms.
- Each algorithm has its own dedicated chapter that explains how it works, and shows an example of a real-world application.
- With this book, we hope to give you a practical understanding of data science, so that you, too, can leverage its strengths in making better decisions.
Want to get started on data science? Our promise: no math added.
This book has been written in layman’s terms as a gentle introduction to data science and its…
Continue reading “Book: Data Science for the Layman: No Math Added”
- With adaptive intelligent applications, organizations can also begin to offer personalized recommendations to customers by getting to the heart of their individual business needs, purchasing decisions, interests, and patterns.
- New Oracle Cloud services can provide employees with a knowledge base that provides the insights they need to improve business results through a heightened understanding of the way their customers operate.
- These adaptive intelligent applications can provide organizations—from finance professionals and HR recruiters to marketing and supply chain managers—with actionable business and customer insights to make more informed decisions, leading to more success for their customers.
- While customer success has long been a central component in the DNA of many organizations, adaptive intelligent applications are helping business integrate customer success further into the DNA of the devices their clients and employees rely on daily.
- Then, businesses can truly begin to transform the way they anticipate customers’ needs and provide unrivaled experiences and unmatched success.
With adaptive intelligent applications, organizations can offer personalized recommendations to customers by getting to the heart of their individual business needs, purchasing decisions, interests, and patterns.
Continue reading “OracleVoice: Machine Learning Stands To Transform The Way We Communicate”
- According to Accenture, AI will define future customer experience .
- “The power of AI is the power to make better decisions.
- Reese shared a historical example of AI and whether AI should be used to make decision.
- If AI has the power to make better decisions, then any business that has to make decisions, will be able to make more informed and fast decisions.
- Reese notes that AI in business is really heating up.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is the new UI, according to Accenture’s Technology Vision 2017 report, identifying trends that are essential to business suc…
Continue reading “The Power of Artificial Intelligence is to Make Better Decisions”
- But AI systems aren’t only effective at picking presidents.
- Entefy’s smart communication platform uses advanced AI to help you do more in less time and make better decisions more often.
- The AI system that accurately predicted Trump’s win well before the U.S. 2016 general election has correctly picked the winners of the last four presidential races.
- Developed by Sanjiv Rai, MoglA evaluates 20 million data points from popular social media platforms to generate its predictions.
- Entefy is a Palo Alto startup that is rewriting the code of digital interaction.
The AI system that accurately predicted Trump’s win well before the U.S. 2016 general election has correctly picked the winners of the last four…
Continue reading “AI system out-predicts pollsters in U.S. presidential elections”
- Cloud Expo ® , Big Data Expo ® and @ThingsExpo ® are registered trademarks of Cloud Expo, Inc., a SYS-CON Events company.
- Cloud computing software is eating the world, and each day is bringing new developments in this world.
- Cloud Expo Power Panel | Cloud Computing: We Now Live in an API World
- Day 3 Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo | Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream
- The company’s internationally recognized brands include among others Cloud Expo ® ( @CloudExpo ), Big Data Expo ® ( @BigDataExpo ), DevOps Summit ( @DevOpsSummit ), @ThingsExpo ® ( @ThingsExpo ), Containers Expo ( @ContainersExpo ) and Microservices Expo ( @MicroservicesE ).
Continue reading “Extreme Computing”