- Baidu, the Chinese company operating a search engine, a mobile browser, and other web services, is announcing today the launch of SwiftScribe, a web app that’s meant to help people transcribe audio recordings more quickly, using — you guessed it!
- SwiftScribe can handle up to an hour of audio in any given file, but that will take 20 minutes to process, Baidu project manager Tian Wu told VentureBeat in an interview.
- Wu’s team believes SwiftScribe can help people transcribe audio 1.67 times faster — in 40 percent less time — than they would on their own.
- While the product is certainly designed for transcriptionists — who are used to working on computers as opposed to mobile devices, hence the fact that SwiftScribe is only available as a web app — SwiftScribe could also come in handy for other people, like journalists and historians.
- Today, Baidu is providing SwiftScribe as a free service — unlike Nuance’s Dragon software.
Baidu, the Chinese company operating a search engine, a mobile browser, and other web services, is announcing today the launch of SwiftScribe, a web app that’s meant to help people transcribe audio recordings more quickly, using — you guessed it! — artificial intelligence (AI).
Continue reading “Baidu launches SwiftScribe, an app that transcribes audio with AI”
- It is a type of machine learning, where one guides the system by tagging the output.
- For example, a supervised machine learning system that can learn which emails are ‘spam’ and which are ‘not spam’ will have its input data tagged with this classification to help the machine learning system learn the characteristics or parameters of the ‘spam’ email and distinguish it from those of ‘not spam’ emails.
- Just as the three year old learns the difference between a ‘block’ and a ‘soft toy’, the supervised machine learning system learns which email is ‘spam’ and which is ‘not spam’.
- Now instead of telling the child which toy to put in which box, you reward the child with a ‘big hug’ when it makes the right choice and make a ‘sad face’ when it makes the wrong action (e.g., block in a soft toy box or soft toy in the block box).
- Based on your problem domain and the availability of data do you know which type of machine learning system you want to build?
Where business and experience meet emerging technology.
Continue reading “Demystifying machine learning part 2: Supervised, unsupervised, and reinforcement learning”
- Facebook unveiled a new plan for preventing advertisers from discriminating Wednesday that emphasizes education and artificial intelligence.
- Facebook will require advertisers posting ads for housing, employment, or credit to certify they are complying with the company’s anti-discrimination policies.
- The social network has a three-pronged plan to stop advertisers from discriminating based on race.
- Facebook turns to artificial intelligence to prevent advertisers from discriminating
- The company announced a three-fold plan Wednesday in response to a ProPublica report in October that found advertisers could limit which Facebook users saw their ads based on race or ethnicity.
Facebook unveiled a new plan for preventing advertisers from discriminating Wednesday that emphasizes education and artificial intelligence. The company announced a three-fold plan Wednesday in…
Continue reading “Facebook turns to artificial intelligence to prevent advertisers from discriminating”
- Overall, we achieved comparable or better performance with the original paper.
- The reason why the authors of the paper add skips is because the results produced by the FCN-32s architecture are too coarse and skips are added to lower layers of the VGG-16 network which were affected by smaller number of max-pooling layers of VGG-16 and can give finer predictions while still taking into account more reliable higher level predictions.
- In the post we want to present Our Image Segmentation library that is based on Tensorflow and TF-Slim library, share some insights and thoughts and demonstrate one application of Image Segmentation .
- % matplotlib inline from __future__ import division import os import sys import tensorflow as tf import skimage.io as io import numpy as np sys .
- In order to show some results of Segmentation produced by aforementioned models, let’s apply the trained models to unseen images that contain some objects that represent one of PASCAL VOC classes.
Blog about Machine Learning and Computer Vision. Google Summer of Code blog posts. Scikit-image face detection algorithm implementation.
Continue reading “Fully Convolutional Networks (FCNs) for Image Segmentation”
- Python and R were included as they are known to be popular for machine learning and data science.
- All major tech giants are investing heavily in machine learning and data science to improve their products.
- To work in the field, you need to learn some particular programming languages and skills.
- We also see that in the past couple of years, there’s a sharp increase in the popularity of these languages in machine learning and data science’s context.
- Apart from the languages mentioned above, Scala and Julia were also included.
Short Bytes: In recent times, the demand for machine learning and data science experts has witnessed an exponential growth. So, what programming languages should one learn to land a machine learning or data science job? The answer lies in the languages like Python, R, and Java.
Continue reading “Most Popular Programming Languages For Machine Learning And Data Science”
- The system is able to automatically group sentences and phrases with the same meaning.
- Google’s AI can now translate language pairs it has not been trained for.
- Warren Whitlock Uncategorized 4 hours ago
- Sign up now to earn Ochen points!
- Become a Ochen member to earn points & gain influence when you share, comment & contribute!
AI of “Interlingua” Neural networks are machines and algorithms developed t…
Continue reading “Google’s AI Can Now Translate Between Languages It Wasn’t Taught to Translate Between – Ochen”
- In the blog post we are going to add the jQuery, AngularJS, and bootstrap libraries to our ASP.NET Core application.
- Tech Junkie Blog: ASP.NET Core : Add jQuery, Bootstrap, AngularJS Using bower.json
- 4. Save the bower.json file, once the file is saved a folder called “lib” will be created and will contain the bootstrap and AngularJS libraries
- Normally we will use NuGet to bring in these libraries but ASP.NET Core gives you the option to use bower to configure the dependencies that you will need on the client-side.
- Author Brian Posted on November 11, 2016 Categories Uncategorized Tags ASP.NET Core , ASP.NET Core application , blog post , bootstrap , bootstrap libraries , bower.json file , iit , jQuery , Normally , Nuget , option , right click , Solution Explorer
1. First let’s make bower.json part of the “NorthwindCafe.Web” project, by right click on the bower.json file, and then choose “Show in Solution Explorer”
Continue reading “Tech Junkie Blog: ASP.NET Core : Add jQuery, Bootstrap, AngularJS Using bower.json”