- SINGAPORE — In the brave new world of smart homes, Dyson thinks it’s got a way to get a leg up over the competition: artificial intelligence.
- “Almost every product can benefit from AI, lighting, purification, cleaning — everything that you see in a room needs artificial intelligence,” declared Sir James Dyson, its founder said at its launch event.
- Sir James Dyson, speaking at the Singapore launch.Dyson’s already started dipping its toes in the connected home scene.
- My dream is much rather that everything is automatic, and sets itself for you to your preference,” Dyson said.
- Testing has already begun for Dyson’s new home lighting and fan systems, using face and voice recognition to detect the user, then adjusting its temperature and speed to their precise preferences.
Imagine never having to input a setting again.
Continue reading “Dyson is quietly working artificial intelligence into all of its home gadgets”
- Posted by Karen Hurst in categories: robotics/AI , space
- Cool places Ark I Blue Beauty EM Launch GETAS Nuclear Terrorist Official Song Educational Books Brochure Coursework Educational Videos Fellows Grants Interviews Press Releases Resources RSS Tutorial Scholarships Twitter Feed University Outreach Videos What’s New World News
- After a year of breakthroughs, experts believe they are on the brink of revolutionising our daily lives through artificial intelligence – and Asia can play a leading role in this brave new world.
- aging AI Apple bitcoin Black Holes blockchain CERN collective intelligence colonization Cortese Franco culture design education Einstein existential risks extinction Fermi Paradox future futurism Google Gravity Modification Harry J. Bentham health humanity immortality interstellar propulsion Interstellar Travel LHC Life extension longevity media & arts NASA Neuroscience nuclear politics research risks singularity space SpaceX sustainability technology Terrorism The Kline Directive transhumanism
- Main areas Home About Blog Programs Reports A-PRIZE Donate Join Us Newsletter Quotes Store Press Releases About us Advisory Boards Bitcoin Endowment Fund Contact Us Donor List FAQ Finances Guardian Award Interactive Friendly AI Logo Mission Statement Procedures Staff Supplemental FAQ Timeline
The Machines are Coming: China’s role in the future of artificial intelligence
Continue reading “The Machines are Coming: China’s role in the future of artificial intelligence”
- The opportunities are just some of the reasons why the Chartered Insurance Institute is delighted to support this research into the challenges facing the insurance community as it looks to ensure it remains relevant to the changing needs of a changing society.
- The brave new world is right now, and throwing up opportunities for insurance to demonstrate its value to customers – in both personal and commercial lines – embracing on-demand, lifestyle solutions and new emerging risks.
- And an opportunity to be more transparent with customers to explain how insurance works – both key to improving customer trust in the insurance profession.
- Insurance companies need to show increased readiness to partner with challengers in order to accelerate their own digital transformation.
- Our survey finds an industry with a growing appetite for innovation and a window of opportunity in which to leverage data flows from the Internet of Things combined with the power of artificial intelligence and the security of blockchain to deliver its own game-changing disruption.
Continue reading “The Future of General Insurance Report 2016”
- And you, as an early adopter of deep learning, you have a responsibility to make sure that the opportunities that AI will create are open to everyone.
- The purpose of Keras is to make deep learning accessible to anyone with an idea and with some basic computer science literacy.
- There is a lot of hype around deep learning right now, and people sometimes have unrealistic short-term expectations.
- AI will take time to get deployed to its true potential, but when it does, it will have a long-term social and economic impact that most people seem to underestimate.
- Making deep learning more accessible should be one of our priorities.
Read the full article, click here.
@kdnuggets: “On the importance of democratizing #ArtificialIntelligence, from Keras #DeepLearning blog”
Keras is a Deep Learning library for Python, that is simple, modular, and extensible.
On the importance of democratizing Artificial Intelligence