- Subscribe & Review on iTunes, Soundcloud, Audioboom, Mixcloud & Acast, and join the discussion on Facebook and Twitter
In 2016 Klaus Schwab, founder and chairman of the World Economic Forum, wrote: “We stand on the brink of a technological revolution that will fundamentally alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another.”
- This fourth Industrial Revolution, he said, will fuse the physical, digital and biological worlds, and affect all corners of society – even challenging ideas of what it means to be human.
- Andrew McAfee and Erik Brynjolfsson of the the Massachusetts Institute of Technology think not.
- And in their latest book Machine, Platform, Crowd, they tell us why.
- Joining Ian Sample in the studio, Andrew and Erik lay out their blueprint for the future of the workplace, including the role big data will play, how some processes involving decision-making could be automated, and how minds and machines can come together to cancel out each other’s errors.
Ian Sample sits down with Andrew McAfee and Erik Brynjolfsson to discuss the future of the workplace and the role artificial intelligence will play
Continue reading “Minds and machines: can we work together in the digital age?”
- Posted by Karen Hurst in categories: robotics/AI , space
- Cool places Ark I Blue Beauty EM Launch GETAS Nuclear Terrorist Official Song Educational Books Brochure Coursework Educational Videos Fellows Grants Interviews Press Releases Resources RSS Tutorial Scholarships Twitter Feed University Outreach Videos What’s New World News
- After a year of breakthroughs, experts believe they are on the brink of revolutionising our daily lives through artificial intelligence – and Asia can play a leading role in this brave new world.
- aging AI Apple bitcoin Black Holes blockchain CERN collective intelligence colonization Cortese Franco culture design education Einstein existential risks extinction Fermi Paradox future futurism Google Gravity Modification Harry J. Bentham health humanity immortality interstellar propulsion Interstellar Travel LHC Life extension longevity media & arts NASA Neuroscience nuclear politics research risks singularity space SpaceX sustainability technology Terrorism The Kline Directive transhumanism
- Main areas Home About Blog Programs Reports A-PRIZE Donate Join Us Newsletter Quotes Store Press Releases About us Advisory Boards Bitcoin Endowment Fund Contact Us Donor List FAQ Finances Guardian Award Interactive Friendly AI Logo Mission Statement Procedures Staff Supplemental FAQ Timeline
The Machines are Coming: China’s role in the future of artificial intelligence
Continue reading “The Machines are Coming: China’s role in the future of artificial intelligence”