- ‘There’s an urgency to ensure that AI benefits society and minimises harm,’ said LinkedIn founder Hoffman.
- LinkedIn and eBay founders Reid Hoffman and Pierre Omidyar donate $10m each to the Ethics and Governance of Artificial Intelligence Fund
- The fund is one of many new bodies aimed at shaping the future of AI in a positive – or, at least, thoughtful – direction.
- The founders of LinkedIn and eBay are donating a combined $20m (£16.4m) to fund academic research aimed at ensuring the safety of artificial intelligences.
- LinkedIn’s founder Reid Hoffman and the Omidyar network, the philanthropic investment firm set up by eBay founder Pierre Omidyar, are donating $10m each to the Ethics and Governance of Artificial Intelligence Fund, which will distribute money to researchers working on the tough ethical problems raised by AI.
Reid Hoffman and Pierre Omidyar are donating $10m each to the Ethics and Governance of Artificial Intelligence Fund, to help tackle ethical problems of AI
Continue reading “Tech billionaires donate $20m to fund set up to protect society from AI”