- The ratio of data quantity produced versus data impact is an important indicator in innovation’s engine speed .
- The more technology advances, the more data quantity increases, and the more we need new, advanced technologies to process this data and extract valuable meaning from it.
- We are where we are thanks to our brains’ capacity to imagine and build models for the data we’ve collected and to draw lessons from that data.
- But the ratio of data quantity produced to data impact is really small because datasets are getting more and more complex and need more and more intelligence to process them.
- Don’t get me wrong; we are still innovating and using data in various ways.
Humans have been storing, retrieving, manipulating, and communicating information since the Sumerians in Mesopotamia developed writing in 3000 BCE. Since then, we have continuously developed more and more sophisticated means to communicate and push information. Whether unconsciously or consciously, we seem to always need more data, faster than ever. And with every technological breakthrough that comes along, we also have a set of new concepts that reshape our world.
Continue reading “Why chatbots are the last bridge to true AI”
- Established to study and formulate best practices on AI technologies, to advance the public’s understanding of AI, and to serve as an open platform for discussion and engagement about AI and its influences on people and society.
- To advance public understanding and awareness of AI and its potential benefits and potential costs to act as a trusted and expert point of contact as questions/concerns arise from the public and others in the area of AI and to regularly update key constituents on the current state of AI progress.
- The engagement of AI users and developers, as well as representatives of industry sectors that may be impacted by AI (such as healthcare, financial services, transportation, commerce, manufacturing, telecommunications, and media) to support best practices in the research, development, and use of AI technology within specific domains.
- In support of the mission to benefit people and society, the Partnership on AI intends to conduct research, organize discussions, share insights, provide thought leadership, consult with relevant third parties, respond to questions from the public and media, and create educational material that advance the understanding of AI technologies including machine perception, learning, and automated reasoning.
- The regular engagement of experts across multiple disciplines (including but not limited to psychology, philosophy, economics, finance, sociology, public policy, and law) to discuss and provide guidance on emerging issues related to the impact of AI on society.
Established to study and formulate best practices on AI technologies, to advance the public’s understanding of AI, and to serve as an open platform for discussion and engagement about AI and its influences on people and society.
Continue reading “Partnership on Artificial Intelligence to Benefit People and Society”
- CrowdFlower Launches Open Data Project Covering Everything From Climate Change To #ThatDress Crowdsourcing Startup CrowdFlower Says Its Contributors Have Completed 1 Billion ‘Judgments’ CrowdFlower Co-Founder Lukas Biewald Becomes CEO (Again)
- Posted 5 hours ago by Anthony Ha ( @anthonyha )
- CrowdFlower is focused on making data useful by helping data teams collect, clean and label their data.
- Microsoft officially launches Planner, its Trello competitor
- Crowdsourcing Startup CrowdFlower Says Its Contributors Have Completed 1 Billion ‘Judgments’
Read the full article, click here.
@wtvox: “CrowdFlower raises $10M to combine artificial intelligence with… #Wearables #IoT”
CrowdFlower is announcing that it has raised $10 million in Series D funding. The round was led by Microsoft, with participation from Canvas Ventures and..
CrowdFlower raises $10M to combine artificial intelligence with crowdsourced labor