- To replace human beings at most jobs, machines need to exhibit what we intuitively call “common sense”.
- For example, many human beings are illiterate and they can be said to have common sense.
- Common sense is basic knowledge about how the world of human beings works.
- For example, if you are lying on the floor yelling “I’m hurt”, common sense dictates that we call emergency services… but it is possible that Apple’s Siri could already be able to do this.
- If computers could be granted a generous measure of common sense, many believe that they could make better employees than human beings.
Read the full article, click here.
@kdnuggets: “Common Sense in #ArtificialIntelligence… by 2026? by @lemire”
An insightful opinion piece on the future of common sense in AI. A recommended read by an authority in the field.
Common Sense in Artificial Intelligence… by 2026?