- The chief executives of Fortune 500 companies are optimistic about the global economy, bullish on employment, big on prospects for the U.S., and braced for a torrent of technological change.
- Fortune 500 CEOs are optimistic about the future… Only a few chief executives see the global economy turning worse next year.
- The U.S. is the overwhelming choice of CEOs for having the best investment opportunities in the next two years; China and Europe lag far behind.
- Nicolas Rapp They’re embracing tech… Ever more Fortune 500 companies have come to recognize that whatever their original business, they all need technological expertise now.
- Nicolas Rapp A version of this article appears in the June 15, 2017 issue of Fortune with the headline “CEO Soothsayers.”
We recently asked Fortune 500 CEOs what they really think about topics including Donald Trump, the economy, and AI.
Continue reading “Fortune 500 CEOs on Donald Trump, the Economy, and AI”
- Join Tandem Innovation Alliance on Thursday, May 11th at WeWork in Tysons, VA for an evening devoted to understanding the impact of artificial intelligence and the future it holds for the government and startups.
- We have invited investors, industry leaders and government officials as part of our ongoing event series focusing on artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- This evening we will focus on the areas where the government is investing in A.I. programs to modernize federal agencies and where startups can fit in.
- Following the panel, Tandem will select companies that feature exciting new A.I. technologies to provide lightning pitches to offer insight into the next great innovations that could transform the industry.
- Come hungry, food, drinks and plenty of networking opportunities with investors and government leaders will be provided.
Eventbrite – Tandem Innovation Alliance presents Artificial Intelligence Innovation Summit – Thursday, May 11, 2017 at WeWork Tyson=, Tysons, VA. Find event and ticket information.
Continue reading “Artificial Intelligence Innovation Summit Tickets, Thu, May 11, 2017 at 6:00 PM”
- According to IT Pro Portal, a new study, “Getting Smarter by the Day: How AI is Elevating the Performance of Global Companies” from a global consulting group says that’s because AI technology is becoming entrenched into businesses worldwide.
- In the study, Tata Consultancy Services said close to 85 percent of companies around the world view AI as an essential part of being competitive in the marketplace.
- In addition, 50 percent of companies surveyed view AI technology as having a transformative effect on business.
- “As companies begin to gain a better understanding of AI’s application for business, they will realize the significant impact of this transformative force,” said TCS CTO K. Ananth Krishnan.
- “This is reflected in our Global Trend Study, which shows that forward-thinking companies are beginning to make major AI investments.”
Tata Consultancy Services says in a report that 85 percent of companies view AI technology as essential to their operations.
Continue reading “AI technology essential to business, transformative to companies, says report”
- That could make for a 1+3 (quad-core) or 1+7 (octacore) layout, where each individual core has its own performance and power characteristics.
- The claim it’s making is that this setup can improve responsiveness for AI, with a 50x boost in AI performance over the next 3-5 years, and 10x between the (still Cortex-A9) CPU and specialized “accelerator hardware.”
ARM processor technology already powers many of the devices you use every day, and now the company is showing off its plans for the future with DynamIQ. Aimed s…
Continue reading “ARM’s latest CPUs are ready for an AI-powered future”
- These deep learning algorithms have been used in the autonomous driving industry for quite some time, and only now is it beginning to branch out into other industries, such as online shopping.
- One company that offers machine learning solutions for e-commerce businesses and others is Adobe Marketing Cloud as they recognize the need to make use of AI as early as possible.
- Andrew Zhai is an engineer working on the visual search side of things at Pinterest, and he said, “For shopping specifically, improvements to online discovery means new ways to find products you’re interested in but may not have the words for.
- Etsy is also keen to jump onboard with deep learning technology, and just last fall purchased Blackbird Technologies to integrate the firm image recognition and natural language processing into its search function.
- Some of Adobe’s marketing tools also use deep learning techniques and are used to predict their customer’s shopping behaviors and patterns.
There’s no doubt about it that our future is one that involves artificial intelligence (AI) in a big way. While some companies are faster than others at
Continue reading “Artificial Intelligence Is Changing How We Shop Online”
You’ve been able to use a reverse Google search to hunt down similar photos on the internet for years thanks to image recognition and processing tools, but only…
Continue reading “Google can use machine learning to identify objects in videos”
- Some of that evolution should occur as a private company and some can and should occur as a public company.”
- Finally she noted how to take risks in leadership: “When you’re in a business and you’re running a business, you should make sure you know as much as you can.
- To disrupt an industry, you need dynamic resources — People, products and services as ambitious as you are.
- But if I were to pick the one technology that I think will change the industry the most, it’s definitely machine intelligence.”
- In a wide-ranging interview, Nasdaq’s CEO discusses FinTech, blockchain, private companies and more.
In a wide-ranging interview, Nasdaq’s CEO discusses FinTech, blockchain, private companies and more.
Continue reading “The Future of FinTech, Adena Friedman at Goldman Sachs”