- It’s not surprising as conversations are at the heart of unlocking opportunities such as a new job, business lead or career advice.
- That’s why we’re rolling out an even smarter messaging experience with the ability to message a connection from wherever you may be on LinkedIn, along with suggestions that can help connect you to a new job.
- For example, you can have a conversation with a connection without ever leaving their profile, or reach out to someone directly from the LinkedIn Feed.
- In fact, nearly 50% of LinkedIn members have found a job through a mutual connection.
- For example, when looking at a job posting at a company you’re interested in we’ll show you which of your connections work there, or who can introduce you to someone at the company.
Did you know that 80% of LinkedIn members consider professional networking to be important to career success? It’s not surprising as conversations are at the heart of unlocking opportunities such as a new job, business lead or career advice.
Continue reading “Introducing a Smarter Way to Message and Build Meaningful Relationships on LinkedIn”
- With its public launch and the rollout of its content creation platform Convos, the Octane team is taking a gamble on the medium.
- “There are multiple categories of bots that will all do well,” explained Ben Parr, co-founder of Octane AI.
- Though Octane wasn’t able to provide specifics, the takeaway here is that bots created on the company’s platform might be able to drive more traffic with a smaller dedicated following than something like a traditional Facebook Page.
- Parr, who was previously Editor-At-Large at Mashable, is joined by Leif K-Brooks, the former founder of Omegle and Matt Schlicht, founder of Chatbots Magazine, to make up the founding team of Octane AI.
- Schlicht received criticism back in November for failing to disclose Octane’s ambitions when soliciting pitch desks from the bot community to pass on to investors.
One billion people use Facebook Messenger every month. And no matter how bad the current perceptions of the bot scene are, that number is hard to ignore…
Continue reading “Octane AI boldly bets that Convos are the future of content”
- SHOW ALL SECTIONS HIDE ALL SECTIONS
- DOW JONES, A NEWS CORP COMPANY
- Latest Robots Lend a Helping Arm at Factories
- Get the Wall Street Journal $12 for 12 weeks.
- Mind the Gap: Toblerone Customers Feel Short-Changed by Shape Change
Artificial intelligence suffers from the AI effect, where as soon as a problem is successfully solved, the problem is no longer considered part of AI, CIO Journal Columnist Irving Wladawsksy-Berger writes. But rest assured the frontier has kept moving forward with AI now being applied to activities that not long ago were viewed as the exclusive domain of humans.
Continue reading “Has AI (Finally) Reached a Tipping Point?”
- The Weather Channel unveiled its Facebook Messenger bot today.
- The Weather Channel bot can speak 39 languages and can be found on The Weather Channel Facebook page.
- The bot provides five-day forecasts, daily forecasts, severe weather alerts, or creates custom weather alerts.
- Though The Weather Channel bot is able to operate on virtually every continent around the world, some features like severe weather alerts are only available to Messenger users in the U.S., Canada, and Western Europe.
- IBM Watson is the brains behind Weather Channel’s new Facebook Messenger bot
The Weather Channel unveiled its Facebook Messenger bot today. The bot provides five-day forecasts, daily forecasts, severe weather alerts, or creates custom weather alerts. The Weather Channel bot can speak 39 languages and can be found on The Weather Channel Facebook page.
Continue reading “IBM Watson is the brains behind Weather Channel’s new Facebook Messenger bot”