- Tanmay Bakshi fell in love with computers at five, released his first iPhone app at nine, and now at just 13 years old is working with IBM on artificial intelligence.
- He is currently in Australia for the IBM Watson Summit, which brings together experts in artificial intelligence to discuss how the technology can help people and businesses in the future.
- “If you think about it, really anything would fascinate a five-year-old, especially a computer,” Tanmay told News Breakfast.
- Tanmay names Apple co-founder Steve Jobs as an inspiration — “especially his passion and dedication towards his work” — and is now most excited by how artificial intelligence can be used in health care.
- Tanmay has toured the world to spread the word on computer programming, including giving public lectures and joining forum discussions, which has meant he has left traditional school in lieu of home schooling.
Tanmay Bakshi isn’t your typical 13-year-old. Rather than playing video games he’s blazing new trails in AI and has become one of the youngest app developers in the world.
Continue reading “Meet the 13-year-old prodigy taking IBM and artificial intelligence by storm”