- The virtualization cost savings were increasingly taken for granted and the operational benefits drove the spread of virtualization.
- Cloud computing software is eating the world, and each day is bringing new developments in this world.
- Virtualization was the seed that sparked the cloud revolution, although cloud has now taken its concepts significantly further.
- General Session | Trends, Challenges, and Solutions to Protect the Cloud
- The cloud, just like virtualization before it, first gained popularity because of the most basic business driver there is: cost savings.
As today’s businesses increasingly turn to the cloud to run their operations, seasoned enterprise technology professionals may recognize a familiar pattern. Years ago, virtualization emerged as a transformational technology with a similar pattern of business drivers; initially the promise of significant cost savings justified deployments. Just as virtualization evolved from a tactical cost-saving technology into a corporate strategy enabling enterprises to be responsive to changing business demands, cloud computing is following a similar path.
Continue reading “Cloud and Virtualization”
- DRIVER’S ED FOR SELF-DRIVING CARS: HOW OUR DEEP LEARNING TECH TAUGHT A CAR TO DRIVE
- Now we can successfully train a CNN to operate on NVIDIA DRIVE PX and understand the contextual rules-of-engagement between a vehicle and the road.
- Subscribe and get the latest news on NVIDIA automotive solutions.
- Giving Cars the Power to See, Think, and Learn
- Driverless cars in the first global autonomous motorsports competition, Roborace Championship, will be powered by the NVIDIA DRIVE PX 2 AI supercomputers.
Paving the way for autonomous cars, NVIDIA DRIVE car computers helps cars see, think, and learn.
Continue reading “Automotive Technology Solutions Overview”
- It’s still early days in the market for AI chips.
- Nvidia Debuts New Chips in Race With Intel to Provide AI Engine
- The company said its new Tesla P4 chip is for servers used in massive data centers.
- Another new chip, called the P40, is designed for more-powerful single computers, such as supercomputers.
- Nvidia has argued its graphics chips, which perform multiple small manipulations of data simultaneously, are the right answer for AI systems, and it has invested in software to make them easier to use.
Nvidia Corp. announced new processors Monday to try to embed its products in artificial-intelligence systems that are increasingly becoming part of daily life.
Continue reading “Nvidia Debuts New Chips in Race With Intel to Provide AI Engine”
- Our work is at the center of the most consequential mega-trends in technology â virtual reality, artificial intelligence and self-driving cars.
- 121,237 total views 131 followers Follow Following Unfollow
- With a singular focus on this field, we offer specialized platforms for the gaming, professional visualization, data center and automotive markets.
- For more than two decades, NVIDIA has pioneered visual computing, the art and science of computer graphics.
- © 2016 Ustream, Inc. an IBM Company.
Read the full article, click here.
@GPUComputing: “Tune in live tonight at 6:30 PDT for the SF #AI Meetup w/ Baidu Chief Scientist Andrew Ng:”
For more than two decades, NVIDIA has pioneered visual computing, the art and science of computer graphics.
With a singular focus on this field, we offer specialized platforms for the gaming, professional visualization, data center and automotive markets.
Our work is at the center of the most consequential mega-trends in technology — virtual reality, artificial intelligence and self-driving cars.
NVIDIA Events on USTREAM: For more than two decades, NVIDIA has pioneered visual computing, the art and science of computer graphics. With a singular focus…
- Google is using DeepMind’s AI to slash its enormous electricity bill
- Google has finally revealed a commercial use for DeepMind – a British artificial intelligence company it acquired for over $600 million in 2014.
- “The implications are significant for Google’s data centres, given its potential to greatly improve energy efficiency and reduce emissions overall,” wrote Evans and Gao. “
- The insight was then used to ensure the data centre didn’t provide any more cooling than was necessary.
- Evans and Gao said Google achieved the energy reduction by training DeepMind’s self-learning algorithms to predict how hot data centres were going to get within the next hour.
Read the full article, click here.
@evankirstel: “Google using #AI to slash its enormous electricity bill #Datacenter #sustainability”
The search giant has been using a DeepMind AI agent in its energy-hungry data centers over the last few months.
Google is using its highly intelligent computer brain to slash its enormous electricity bill