- These deep learning algorithms have been used in the autonomous driving industry for quite some time, and only now is it beginning to branch out into other industries, such as online shopping.
- One company that offers machine learning solutions for e-commerce businesses and others is Adobe Marketing Cloud as they recognize the need to make use of AI as early as possible.
- Andrew Zhai is an engineer working on the visual search side of things at Pinterest, and he said, “For shopping specifically, improvements to online discovery means new ways to find products you’re interested in but may not have the words for.
- Etsy is also keen to jump onboard with deep learning technology, and just last fall purchased Blackbird Technologies to integrate the firm image recognition and natural language processing into its search function.
- Some of Adobe’s marketing tools also use deep learning techniques and are used to predict their customer’s shopping behaviors and patterns.
There’s no doubt about it that our future is one that involves artificial intelligence (AI) in a big way. While some companies are faster than others at
Continue reading “Artificial Intelligence Is Changing How We Shop Online”
- “I was on a train about three years ago, going back to my hotel after a business meeting,” 3DSignals CEO Amnon Shenfeld told Digital Trends.
- I had the thought that maybe if there was a train mechanic or engineer sitting on the train, they could tell us if the noise was normal and, if not, where it was coming from and whether it could be safely ignored.”
- Shenfeld said his company never set out to create its own hardware, but had to in order to carry out its mission statement.
- It was the same week that a train had overturned in Spain, injuring a lot of people.
- AI system listens to your engine and tells you if you’re running into problems
An innovative AI startup from Israel is using deep-learning AI technology to listen to machinery and predict whether it’s about to go wrong.
Continue reading “AI Llistens to Your Engine and Tells You if You’re Running into Problems”
- Microsoft and Liebherr Collaborating on New Generation of Smart Refrigerators
- The image result below shows an example image with labels of the food products detected (and confidence levels) overlaid.
- Liebherr and Microsoft are actively improving these technologies to turn the newest generation of refrigerators into smart appliances that don’t just cool your food but interactively help you with your food management.
- Microsoft is providing computer vision capability as part of this collaboration.
- The process not only captures images for viewing but also recognizes individual food items inside the refrigerator.
As part of the Liebherr household appliances division’s digital initiative, Liebherr and Microsoft are collaborating in the development of Liebherr’s new generation of the SmartDeviceBox. This is a communication module which fits into Liebherr refrigerators and freezers, connecting them to the internet. The system is designed to have a long lifecycle: Modular units can be integrated and upgraded at any time in existing SmartDevice-ready appliances to create value and comfort for customers through new digital features and solutions.
Continue reading “Microsoft and Liebherr Collaborating on New Generation of Smart Refrigerators”