- The board was quietly created in 2014 when Google acquired the London artificial intelligence lab.
- When pressed on the composition of Google’s AI ethics board, Suleyman said: “We’ve always said that it’s going to be very much focused on full general purpose learning systems and I think that’s very, very, far away.
- Media and academics have called on DeepMind and Google to reveal who sits on Google’s AI ethics board so the debate about where the technology they’re developing can be carried out in the open, but so far Google and DeepMind’s cofounders have refused.
- Last year, Suleyman said he wanted to publish the names of the people who sit on the board. “
- The ethics board is ongoing and it’s something that we have internally to oversee some of our efforts.
Mustafa Suleyman has previously said he wants to disclose who sits on the search giants AI ethics board.
Continue reading “The identity of the people on Google’s artificial intelligence ethics board is still a mystery”