- Designed by Pierpaolo Lazzarini from Italian company Jet Capsule.
- The giant human-like robot bears a striking resemblance to the military robots starring in the movie ‘Avatar’ and is claimed as a world first by its creators from a South Korean robotic company – – A man looks at an exhibit entitled ‘Mimus’ a giant industrial robot which has been…
- This is a production preview of the Jaguar I-PACE, which will be revealed next year and on the road in 2018 – – An exhibitor charges the battery cells of AnyWalker, an ultra-mobile chasis robot which is able to move in any kind of environment during Singapore International Robo Expo…
- In its facilities, JAXA develop satellites and analyse their observation data, train astronauts for utilization in the Japanese Experiment Module ‘Kibo’ of the International Space Station (ISS) and develop launch vehicles – – The robot developed by Seed Solutions sings and dances to the music during the Japan Robot Week…
- At this biennial event, the participating companies exhibit their latest service robotic technologies and components
Stephen Hawking is concerned that artificial intelligence could replace humans. The world-renowned physicist fears that somebody will create AI that will keep improving itself until it’s eventually superior to people. He says the result of this will be a “new form” of life.
Continue reading “Stephen Hawking warns artificial intelligence ‘may replace humans altogether’”
- Genus AI will use the money to expand its technology team in London and boost its sales operations in the US – the startup’s primary market.
- Despite increasing amount of data and computing power organisations are still struggling to engage with customers in an authentic way,” said Tadas Jucikas, CEO and co-founder of Genus AI.
- “At Genus AI we are building a new kind of artificial intelligence system which helps us inform and have a positive impact on the real world.
- Our technology has been in development with our customers for almost two years and I am extremely excited to welcome our new investors to help us bring Genus AI to the next level of growth,” he continued.
- Set up alongside Brent Clickard and Tobias Kloepper, Genus AI leverages machine learning, neuroscience, psychology and behavioural sciences to enable customers to engage with brands in an emotionally intelligent way.
The round was led by early-stage technology investment firm Picus Capital.
Continue reading “Artificial intelligence startup Genus AI scores $1m”
- Machine learning is one of the fastest growing areas of computer science, with far-reaching applications.
- The aim of this textbook is to introduce machine learning, and the algorithmic paradigms it offers, in a principled way.
- The book provides an extensive theoretical account of the fundamental ideas underlying machine learning and the mathematical derivations that transform these principles into practical algorithms.
- These include a discussion of the computational complexity of learning and the concepts of convexity and stability; important algorithmic paradigms including stochastic gradient descent, neural networks, and structured output learning; and emerging theoretical concepts such as the PAC-Bayes approach and compression-based bounds.
- Designed for an advanced undergraduate or beginning graduate course, the text makes the fundamentals and algorithms of machine learning accessible to students and non-expert readers in statistics, computer science, mathematics, and engineering.
Here are three eBooks available for free.
Edited by Abdelhamid Mellouk and Abdennacer Chebira
Machine Learning can be defined in various ways…
Continue reading “Free Machine Learning eBooks”
- Not all events are relevant to digital health and webinars are typically not allowed, but you can ask me about promotion options.
- Calendar powered by The Events Calendar
- EVENT PROMOTION Please contact me for options on event promotion, including having your event featured at the top of this list, featured in my weekly Digital Health group announcements, and on Twitter, where I’m the #1 influencer in #DigitalHealth and highly ranked in #IoT and #WearableTech .
- SUBMITTING AN EVENT Please provide the event name, date(s), event website link (direct and not a shortened url), one-paragraph event description, the venue name, and location (city and country).
- The Congress serves as as forum for medtech, mobile, IoT, and IT industry events.
Digital Health World Congress 2017 is the leading technology digital healthcare conference in London, UK and Europe. The Congress serves as as forum for medtech, mobile, IoT, and IT industry events. Taking place May 23-24 in the Great Hall, Kensington and Chelsea Conference Center, the program will be filled with distinguished speakers covering all aspects of medical and mobile technology including ehealth, mhealth, telehealth, telemedicine, genomics, and healthcare IT.
Continue reading “Events Archive”
- HTML Canvas Deep Dive: Free ebook for game & animation develop ment.
- In the observation, we compared nearly 400 free ebooks related to web development and sized the number down to 17.
- For the ebooks that have payment options, let’s try to purchase and support these brilliant publishers.
- All the ebooks in this list can be read for free.
Continue reading “The Most Useful Free eBooks for Web Developers. – Mybridge for Professionals”
- Human Rights Watch issued a report Friday urging a ban on the development of fully autonomous weapons.
- To prevent the development of fully autonomous weapons, Human Rights Watch recommended comprehensive, legally binding restrictions on international and national levels, as well as formal discussions on the matter to be held at the Geneva Convention’s Fifth Review Conference .
- Human Rights Watch also contended that removing the human element of warfare raised serious moral issues, saying lack of empathy would exacerbate unlawful and unnecessary violence.
- Human Rights Watch Urges Artificial Intelligence Weapons Ban
- Parties to the international treaty’s Convention on Conventional Weapons will meet from Monday through Friday discussing the “use of certain conventional weapons which may be deemed to be excessively injurious or to have indiscriminate effects.”
The organization echoed concerns by leading scientists that fully autonomous weaponry would be bad for mankind.
Continue reading “Will Robots Take Over? Human Rights Watch Urges Artificial Intelligence Weapons Ban”
- If you want to get even more from TED, like the ability to save talks to watch later, sign up for a TED account now .
- TED Talks are free thanks to support from
- Bring TED to the non-English speaking world
- Updates from TED and highlights from our global community
- The talk was presented at an official TED conference, and was featured by our editors on the home page.
“The actual path of a raindrop as it goes down the valley is unpredictable, but the general direction is inevitable,” says digital visionary Kevin Kelly — and technology is much the same, driven by patterns that are surprising but inevitable. Over the next 20 years, he says, our penchant for making things smarter and smarter will have a profound impact on nearly everything we do. Kelly explores three trends in AI we need to understand in order to embrace it and steer its development. “The most popular AI product 20 years from now that everyone uses has not been invented yet,” Kelly says. “That means that you’re not late.”
Continue reading “Kevin Kelly: How AI can bring on a second Industrial Revolution”