- Access the article: Subscribe to NEJM | Purchase this article
- Predicting the Future – Big Data, Machine Learning, and Clinical Medicine
- Article Category Research Reviews Clinical Cases Perspective Commentary Other Browse all Articles Multimedia Videos in Clinical Medicine Images in Clinical Medicine Interactive Medical Cases Quick Take Videos Weekly Audio Summaries Audio Interviews Image Challenge Browse all multimedia
- The algorithms of machine learning, which can sift through vast numbers of variables looking for combinations that reliably predict outcomes, will improve prognosis, displace much of the work of radiologists and anatomical pathologists, and improve diagnostic accuracy.
- Selected Specialties Cardiology Endocrinology Gastroenterology Genetics Hematology/Oncology Infectious Disease Nephrology Neurology/Neurosurgery Obstetrics/Gynecology Pediatrics Primary Care/Hospitalist Pulmonary/Critical Care Surgery Browse all Specialties & Topics Featured Topics Clinical Practice Center Health Policy and Reform Medicine and Society Global Health Series Critical Care Series International Health Care Series Fluids and Electrolytes Series Clinical Trials Series CME Special Topics Ebola Outbreak Zika Virus
Perspective from The New England Journal of Medicine — Predicting the Future — Big Data, Machine Learning, and Clinical Medicine
Continue reading “Predicting the Future — Big Data, Machine Learning, and Clinical Medicine — NEJM”