- As an example, the post embeds Daddy’s Car , an AI-composed song that’s meant to follow the musical style of The Beatles.
- The post provides another example, The Ballad of Mr. Shadow , which is composed by artificial intelligence in the style of Irving Berlin, Duke Ellington, George Gershwin, and Cole Porter.
- There’s no question that this work can lead to new modes of access to music, interaction with sound, and human interaction, as Sony’s site says.
- After “exploiting unique combinations of style transfer, optimization and interaction techniques, it can compose in any style,” the post reads.
- It’s a question we’ll likely not know the answer to for a number of years, but there’s no doubt that artificial intelligence has the potential to disrupt the music industry forever.
The team’s Flow Machines project successfully created entire pop songs composed by artificial intelligence, after learning musical styles from a database.
Continue reading “Sony Composes Music With Artificial Intelligence”