- Southeast Asia is proving to be a market leader for IoT around the world.
- Hosting many of the leading companies and having a huge potential market both in terms of consumers and enterprise, combined with governments who are aggressively pursuing the benefits of IoT, the region is currently ahead in the race to be the world’s leaders in implementing IoT.
- The sharp growth in the population and consumer technology market within this region has led to the region leapfrogging to Industry 4.0.
- As the region continues its growth in its industrial and manufacturing sectors, which are well supported by a huge local demand for products and an adequate ecosystem for the industry, we can only expect a surge in the demand for Industrial IoT.
- The growing customer demand with diverse technology needs, the increasing number of devices, a surging manufacturing/industrial sector and governments that consider technology to be a top priority make the perfect mix to create an ecosystem that will foster IoT growth, setting the Southeast Asia region to be the market leader for this industry in the entire world.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is taking the entire world by storm. While the predicted range is wide, McKinsey recently forecast the IoT market to be worth US$11 trillion by 2025. IoT, however, is still a work-in-process, which means many companies, and many countries at at very different stages in development.
Continue reading “Who’s leading the global IoT market in 2017?”
Should your driverless car value your life over a pedestrian’s? Should your Fitbit activity be used against you in a court case? Should we allow drones to become the new paparazzi? Can on…
Continue reading “Agenda / Artificial Intelligence and Robotics”
- How Technology Can Unlock the Growth Potential along the New Silk Road
- Committed to improving the state of the world
- This is how we can make economic growth equal for all
- Four things you should know about, from one of the region’s most successful entrepreneurs
Continue reading “The Real Impact of Artificial Intelligence”
- One of the report’s recommendations is to increase collaboration between government and industry on AI research: “AI can be a major driver of economic growth and social progress, if industry, civil society, government, and the public work together to support development of the technology
- Hard on the heels of the White House’s new report about artificial intelligence’s potential to address major societal challenges, NVIDIA will be holding Washington’s largest ever AI conference.
- The timing is right for policymakers and AI experts to meet, following yesterday’s White House report concluding that “AI has the potential to help address some of the biggest challenges that society faces” and recommending increased funding in AI research to fuel economic growth.
- The report, Preparing for the Future of Artificial Intelligence , published by the National Science and Technology Council, notes that “the effectiveness of government itself is being increased as agencies build their capacity to use AI to carry out their missions more quickly, responsively and efficiently.”
- GTC DC will feature some of the most prominent leaders in government and industry when it takes place Oct. 26-27, at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington.
Hard on the heels of the White House’s new report about artificial intelligence’s potential to address major societal challenges, NVIDIA will be holding Washington’s largest ever AI conference.
Continue reading “Major AI Conference Set for Washington, Following White House AI Report”