- “Success in creating effective AI, could be the biggest event in the history of our civilization.
- It’s not the first time Hawking has warned about the potential dangers of artificial intelligence.
- Just last week he told Wired he thought AI would eventually replace humans entirely, saying that once it develops to the point that it can improve and replicate itself, it will supersede humanity.
- Hawking said AI could also eradicate disease, end poverty, and reverse damage done to the planet.
- If we fail to adequately prepare for the potential pitfalls of AI, we may face “powerful autonomous weapons,” “new ways for the few to oppress the many,” or, mother of all ills, economic disruption.
Stephen Hawking Isn’t Sure Whether Artificial Intelligence Will End Poverty or Kill Us All
Continue reading “Stephen Hawking Isn’t Sure Whether Artificial Intelligence Will End Poverty or Kill Us All”