- At the company’s annual developer conference in San Jose, California, this week, the company’s CEO Jensen Huang spoke to MIT Technology Review about how the machine-learning revolution is just starting.Nvidia has benefitted from a rapid explosion of investment in machine learning from tech companies.
- Software is eating the world, but AI is going to eat software.What industry will be transformed by machine learning next?
- Arterys recently got FDA approval for their cardiac imaging [which annotates scans of the heart], and I know of many others that are in the pipeline.Using machine learning in cars will also create new challenges for regulators.
- We probably have to break down some of these problems into smaller chunks.Your chips are already driving some cars: all Tesla vehicles now use Nvidia’s Drive PX 2 computer to power the Autopilot feature that automates highway driving.
- I’m not exactly sure, but we’ll find out.Intel, Google, and several other companies are now working on chips designed to accelerate machine learning (see “Battle to Provide Chips for the AI Boom Heats Up”).
Jensen Huang predicts that health care and autos are going to be transformed by artificial intelligence.
Continue reading “Nvidia CEO: Software Is Eating the World, but AI Is Going to Eat Software”