- Today, various pieces of software can do everything from chat with us on Facebook Messenger to guiding the Mars rover Curiosity while its human engineers catch a nap.
- The group’s new software takes a novel approach to guessing what is going on inside a human brain, using data gathered from brain scans via fMRI to predict human thoughts by seeing how the pattern of brain activity that produces them, then detecting it in reverse.
- “One of the big advances of the human brain was the ability to combine individual concepts into complex thoughts,” lead researcher Marcel Just explains.
- The discovery of this correspondence between thoughts and brain activation patterns tells us what the thoughts are built of.”
- The algorithm was then trained using this data, and learned to detect the same patterns occurring again, accurately predicting what a person was about to say a stunning 90 percent of the time.
At one point in our history, the most impressive example of artificial intelligence was a computer that was really, really good at chess. Today, various pieces…
Continue reading “This new AI can read your mind and predict your thoughts”